• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom Air Pilot List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My friends at Mesa tell me that they have a high washout rate as well. If these idiots washout, where do they think they can go with their names on a list.
Also, apparently some of these a**holes think that ALPA wont be around for long and that all airlines will be nonunion sooner or later.

Last edited:
I am not trying to incite anything, but have there been any confrontations at the airport between Mesa pilots and Freedom pilots? These guys must cross each others paths constantly at KPHX, so would imagine there is some tension there. Tough work environment.:(

I just wanted to see if I knew anyone on the list, (since I went to a rather large 141 school). Sure enough a couple of names jumped out at me right away. It's always disappointing to see someone you know/knew on the "bad" list.

I also want to add that if anyone knows of someone that is not on the list to please PM me, so I can add it.

One thing to keep in mind is that by using MS word to create the list - if you look under File -> Properties, it lists the name of the author.

Might wanna change that,

<Gag>

I worked with one of these people at Riddle several years ago.

Another was the Chief Pilot at Mesa during the same time period. After I was rejected there for the airline I wrote this fellow several times imploring him for reconsideration. I was finally hired at MAPD, met him, and introduced myself. Of course, he didn't remember me - I wouldn't have expected it. He was an ATP DE in the MAPD ATP pay-for-interview program and apparently an airline check airman. Seeing his name on the list does not surprise me in the least - if you know what I mean.

Just be careful what you write publicly about these folks and how you use this list. Stick with the truth and you are safe. Saying, writing, or disseminating untrue things publically about a person and causing damage to the person's reputation is defamation. Saying it is slander. Putting it in printed form is libel. You don't want a lawsuit.

Last edited:
So the way things are going with J4J and scope etc.. it seems that the whole purpose for creating Freedom is going to go away and at that time I wonder will Mesa just merge the whole thing back. That should make for some happy, productive cockpits..

Pardon my ignorance... but why is Freedom Air considered so controversial, and why do I always hear of a connection between Mesa and Freedom pilots? Do the pilots there fly for free... what have they done to be so despised?

I'm not from the USA and am just a student, so I am not really familiar with all the aviation-related issues going around.

TIA.

I think the best answers to your questions lie in running a search on Freedom Air, Jet for Jobs, and Mesa. You can choose from any of a few hundred posts on the subject.

Man wouldn't it be great if Mesa just scrapped Freedom altogether and merged the lists??? (not) What a happy work environment that would be. Would bring back memories of some old Teamster movies...........

Latest resources

Back