• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Free type rating

Shamus

FL 510
Total Time
I'm not talking about the WIA Act. My buddy who heard it something like third hand said FS has some program for typically contract guys, or guys that are home often to jump in on sim sessions when there is an odd number of people in the class. I would assume you go through the ground, and when you've helped out on ex amount of sim rides they give you your check ride and type. Any truth behind this?

Bullitt

McQueen is THE MAN
Total Time
3500+
Don't know about FS but Simuflite here in Dallas has something similar. I think if you do 80 sim sessions as a right seater helping out clients you get a free type. I think there are stipulations on which type you can pick though.