Free speech is a beautiful thing.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bozt45 said:
How you can argue that there is no connection between Iraq and Al Qaeda is beyond me.

That question can be answered with one of Numbnuts' own posts:

Traumahawk aka Numbnuts said:
Don't try to use a small simple fact to turn the attention away from the big picture.

You see, facts aren't important to Numbnuts. He'll continue to rail against the President and the Republican party no matter what. All reasoning and common sense left him long ago when he decided to become a liberal.

mamba20 said:
The simple FACT of the matter is that the Bush administration has continualy lied to the American public. And we still have three years left. God help us!

3 Years left until Jeb gives it a try that is. God help us!

Saddam Hussein could not stand to have Al-Qaeda on his turf, it would represent a second power base and destablize his authority. He regularly killed Islamic fundamentalist clerics for this reason. His was a secular regime, Al-Qaeda is not.

The SAUDIS gave logistical and financial support. Go bomb them.

This war was about WMD which did not exist. Plain and simple. what we're seeing now is mission creep, which is what George 41 avoided during Gulf War 1. IMO, he was a highly underrated President and made alot of tough calls that he got alot of flack for. He knew an unstable, toppled Iraq was beyond the mission of liberating Kuwait and he stuck to his guns. Too bad Jr had to try to one up him. He wanted to do this from the minute he took office and 9/11 gave him the perfect cover. What a wasted opportunity to unite the country and the world against the real enemy.

The fact that we are so divided about this is a faliure of his Presidency.

Last edited:
The WMD are most likely in Syria, but that isn't really the point. The point is that there were many reasons for going to war in Iraq, not just WMD:

1. Remove a murderous dictator that was known for using chemical weapons for the systematic murder of his opponents
-Is it not murder when we kill his people?
2. Remove a regime from power that was friendly to the terrorist groups that aim to destroy western culture
-Is the US not responible for its relationships with terrorist groups that share that goal?
3. Fight the enemy somewhere other than the homeland
-You're implying Iraqis were about in invade. False.
4. Begin a process that will change the basic culture in the Middle East and move it towards democracy
-No, it won't. The Iraqis know it. Trust their own judgement.

The WMD are most likely in Syria, but that isn't really the point. The point is that there were many reasons for going to war in Iraq, not just WMD

If WMD's wasn't the major reason for invading Iraq, why were most of Bush's, Chenney's, Rumsfield's speeches leading up to the war talking so much about Iraq and their WMD threat? I remember the speeches almost exclusively about 'the smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud' and ' Saddam's WMD'S falling into the wrong hands..' and such. Maybe you don't remember this because you have selective memory... or maybe you're just lying to yourself. I remember, and so does everyone else.

Oh, now they're in Syria....ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?!?!?.. If Saddam had WMD's, he would have used them when we he was cornered and had nowhere to run-- I can think of no reason why he wouldn't have used them.. he had nothing to left to lose....Before you respond to my post, answer this question.. Why would Saddam not use the only weapons (the supposed WMD's) he had to defend himself? The simple answer is, he didn't have them. Stop making up unbelievable BS about sending them to Syria.

What was the title of this thread again?

It should be "Tools With Diarrheah of the Mouth Who Can't Stay on Topic."

I figure it's only a matter of time before someone blames Iraq and WMD on Chautauqua or Mesa. Or Gulfstream. Or Pinnacle. Or the RJDC.

PCL_128 said:
You see, facts aren't important to Numbnuts. He'll continue to rail against the President and the Republican party no matter what. All reasoning and common sense left him long ago when he decided to become a liberal.

Exactly.

Foldem said:
-Is it not murder when we kill his people?

No, we aren't attacking innocent Iraqis. We are attacking terrorists who aim to destroy the fragile democracy that is being built in Iraq. The terrorists are the ones killing the Iraqis with their car bombs and suicide bombers.

2. Remove a regime from power that was friendly to the terrorist groups that aim to destroy western culture
-Is the US not responible for its relationships with terrorist groups that share that goal?

You'll have to be more specific. I'm not aware of any U.S. relationship with a terrorist group.

3. Fight the enemy somewhere other than the homeland
-You're implying Iraqis were about in invade. False.

Not at all. You fail to see that we aren't fighting Iraqis now. We are fighting terrorists that have come to Iraq from places like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, etc... Their aim is to destroy the progress that has been made in Iraq. If they're fighting us there, then they aren't fighting us here at home.

4. Begin a process that will change the basic culture in the Middle East and move it towards democracy
-No, it won't. The Iraqis know it. Trust their own judgement.

I'd venture to say that you don't have a clue what the Iraqis think. All you know is what CNN and Al Franken tell you. Try talking to some American servicemen whenever you see them in the terminal. I do ever chance I get. They usually don't talk of car bombs and terrorists. They talk of the schools, police stations, fire stations, electric grid, etc... that they are all creating in Iraq. Stop listening to CNN and start listening to the people that were actually there working on this new democracy. I trust their judgement a lot more than I trust Christian Amanpour from CNN.

Wow, reading the posts from the people on the right, they seem to be chanting the same things over and over. Its getting harder and harder to swallow the same general idealisms handed to them from the President.

Latest resources

Back