Free NOS/NOAA Charts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bizjet800

I was in the hotel the other day and I needed some specific approach and airport chart info. Fltplan.com has them available in PDF for free but are approach charts available in a searchable PDF, that you can download and have them available offline? I went on the their website but couldn't them.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/kxxx - (xxx is airport ID)

All available approaches are in pdf at the bottom of the Airport Data. Consult local and fdc notams for pertinent changes.

Caution! - if you only copy the pdf to your phone for recall later and do not have a printed version, you are technically operating an EFB and should have approval if your company operates with a manual under 91/119.

Airnav seems easier access to 'just the facts ma'am'. fltp plan seems to work too hard to appease advertisers that make the service free.

100-1/2

All NOS charts are labeled with their effective dates in the left and right margin. Link's to Airnav's approaches take you directly to the current form and effective procedure on NACO's website(National Aeronautical Charting Office - http://204.108.4.16). It is free as well. Airnav simply shortcuts the NACO website process to find the actual approach you are in search of.

Technically, all terps are obsolete and unusable the day they are printed, if change notices and FDC Notams are not consulted prior to passing the FAF!

It is true. In this politically correct country and overregulated industry that it is impossible from Duty on to Duty off to conduct a completely un-violate-able operation. Print it. keep it and possible alternates and you have covered the basics and desired to protect the safety of flight and no zealous newhire GA ramp check idiot can take your goods from you.

Put your $10 back in your pocket. Slowly, step, away, from the buffet.

100-1/2

Last edited:
All NOS charts are labeled with their effective dates in the left and right margin. Link's to Airnav's approaches take you directly to the current form and effective procedure on NACO's website(National Aeronautical Charting Office - http://204.108.4.16). It is free as well. Airnav simply shortcuts the NACO website process to find the actual approach you are in search of.

Technically, all terps are obsolete and unusable the day they are printed, if change notices and FDC Notams are not consulted prior to passing the FAF!

It is true. In this politically correct country and overregulated industry that it is impossible from Duty on to Duty off to conduct a completely un-violate-able operation. Print it. keep it and possible alternates and you have covered the basics and desired to protect the safety of flight and no zealous newhire GA ramp check idiot can take your goods from you.

Put your $10 back in your pocket. Slowly, step, away, from the buffet.

100-1/2

I simply wanted an inexpensive way to look up airport approach mins info. The other day SDM's weather was potentially IFR. I needed/wanted a way to look up minimums offline, without having to spend hundreds on a Jepp subscription. I always use Jepps in the cockpit so legality of NOS/NOAA charts are not an issue. This issue comes up once in a while and its always best to know far in advance if there's any possibility of diverting. I don't know about you but I don't like to show up at the plane and discover the ceiling is below mins. I'll gladly pay ten bucks for that.

And no, I won't back away from the buffet, especially the free one at the Courtyard!

I am with you on the wx mins (and courtyard buffets: Best waffles, biscuits and gravy hands down! and it is especially nice to check-in just before manager's vip reception for Rewards members - 2 complimentary cocktails and 9.75hrs of rest period to go!)

The added and highly underrated feature to Airnav.com is the listed phone numbers for AWOS/ASOS. Call from home or the hotel to check the current wx because the tower cab is to lazy to put out a special when the hourly is 15-20 mins away. In my rookie years this was a pain to hear the rampers say, oh yeah, 1/4 BR/SN or VV1 rolled in about half-hour ago (10 minutes before I checked out of hotel) and have to wait it out in FBO instead of the comfort of my hotel room and views of Caas or Abernathy (pre-preggo).

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back