• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Free 737 Type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dewwwd, you picked your parents well! Butt seriously, they sell types for like $5995 in Miami and they have South Beech (I fly a Beachjet) just for your fun in your spare time.

I think HPA is giving away a free B737 Type Rating at their open house in June. Save their money!

Is it true that if you buy a new 737 from boeing, you get a free type? The reason I ask is because I was thinking about asking my parents to buy a 73 and then just sell it after I finish the type so I can go to SWA.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!!! I gotta look into that myself.

You could sell the empty seats for $10 and make some spending cash and build that valuable Multi-Engine Jet time.

I have a very close friend that works at HPA and she told me that one of the door prizes for thier Open House will be a free Type Rating. No fooling! Call them and ask for the info. I 'm going to the Open House to talk with Connie and Lindsey and who ever else from SWA. I'm waiting on my second time around. Good Luck!

I don't know about all that. I've never worked anywhere where we purchased a plane brand new, but in the corporate world I think most OEM's provide three free pilot type ratings and two free mx initials with any new aircraft you buy (VLJ's excluded I would imagine). I also hear the aircraft salesman will take you (chief pilot or the lucky pilot's that are picking up the aircraft) to the respective gift shop to get whatever you want. I've heard of some guys getting a pretty sweet set of golf clubs or a nice leather jacket.

I am sure someone on FI must have had this actually happen to them.

I don't know about all that. I've never worked anywhere where we purchased a plane brand new, but in the corporate world I think most OEM's provide three free pilot type ratings and two free mx initials with any new aircraft you buy (VLJ's excluded I would imagine). I also hear the aircraft salesman will take you (chief pilot or the lucky pilot's that are picking up the aircraft) to the respective gift shop to get whatever you want. I've heard of some guys getting a pretty sweet set of golf clubs or a nice leather jacket.

I am sure someone on FI must have had this actually happen to them.

Sure did. The number of initial and recurrent slots for maint and pilots are negotiated. I recall we had two pilot initials, 2 pilot recurrent, two maint initial and two maint. recurrent. I subsequently traded some un-used maint training for more pilot training. Works slick. And yeah, we scored some great goodies at the completion center gift shop

I got some golf balls and a hat last time I was in SAV. Scored a free leather(ette) garment bag a couple of years ago. Schwag rocks! :D TC

I got mine free from a "legacy carrier" ...and then made the jump to SWA. Whew !!! I'm still sooooo glad I'm not there anymore...and still thrilled as heck to be here.

Just curious - do most carriers type their new hires? My only experience before Fedex was UAL and they did not type anyone unless they were upgrading to Captain or going to an international a/c with relief pilots. I guess I just assumed that was the way it was done all over.

Sure did. The number of initial and recurrent slots for maint and pilots are negotiated. I recall we had two pilot initials, 2 pilot recurrent, two maint initial and two maint. recurrent. I subsequently traded some un-used maint training for more pilot training. Works slick. And yeah, we scored some great goodies at the completion center gift shop

Very nice! Last time I was in Wichita I purchased a new Citation X key chain because quote: "we are definately getting one" (even sent two pilot's to initial, and I was scheduled to go next). Fast forward a year + later, anyone want to buy a new Citation X key cain? I'll make you a heck of a deal!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back