Frax dispatch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

void

Looking for any information about what it is like dispatching for fractional ownership companies. I'm also curious as to who might be hiring.

Any input appreciated.

careful...

From interviewing dispatchers who work for fractionals, I have to come to believe that you play more of a crew scheduler. A lot of these places contract out to Jeppesen or the like for flight planning while the "dispatcher" flight follows, calls to confirm hotel reservations, and and contacts catering for the aircraft.
This is the reason why they are searching elsewhere.
This may not be all fractionals. If you get an offer check to see what kind of duties are expected before accepting. Just my insight.

I am aware of that, but that is a very good point. I know duties vary from company to company. Even so, Salaries are typically higher at Fractionals even if you are a glorified flight follower, than actually dispatching 121.

I'm just trying to get the perspective of people actually at various companies.

So with that in mind, if there is any dispatchers at Flight Options, NetJets, FlexJet or any other fractionals that read this. I would love to hear from you. Either post or PM me.

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Actually at NJA our dispatch only dispatch. They dispatch for every airplane in the fleet.

Schedulers make up the schedules
Flight Managers- they are the one we talk to and set up stuff that we need
Hotel desk- they book all hotel requests made by the schedulers
Logistics- They book all food requests by the pilots
International- Handle all international things.
Dispatchers- Do all the flight planning for your flight. Fuel loads, weather, routing, stuff like that

Latest resources

Back