Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingairrick

Rare user
Opinions? do they work? Is the soot really less? How much speed? Looking at putting them on a KA300.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

yes they work, but only if soot is your concern. and even then i dont know if a little less soot is worth the price...what are they quoting nowadays? the speed advantages are about 2-3 knots, i dont know where they get the 5 knots they advertise. ive never flown one before and after, just a 90 that had em on it. if youre wondering about how they are on a 300, give these guys a call 770-458-9851. last i heard, they had them on one.

Thanks!!! Soot is my concern 'cause I'm the guy with the brush and soap! The speed advantage will help me sell it if it seems like a good idea. They are quoting $20K, our engines are already off the airframe for rebuild, and we are in the paint shop now. It would be a good time to do it if they work...

The stacks do work, you will see a slight improvement in TAS, and you will have about and extra 5 hours between baths.

I might look at the Raisbeck units too... they dont look as nice, but you might save yourself some money and get the same thing done.

LB

nice website, weve often wondered about the funny looking 1900 nose on a 200 ;)

Last edited:
bigD said:
Twenty large for a pair of exhaust stacks? Holy crap!
probably be cheaper to paint the engine nacelles black :rolleyes:

I clean ours too ...and don't think a can of gloss from Home Depot crossed my mind a couple of times

soot is a bastard. we too were the ones with the brush and soap. theres a cleaner called Carbon-Ex out there that cleans it off so well that it can take the wax right off too. but, if you rinse it right away and throw some of that liquid wash-n-wax (spray it on, rinse it off, no need to rub it in) on right away, that works very well at keeping things pretty.

i never could figure out why in the hell anyone would paint their nacelles bright white...hell in 3 hours of flight, it would start to show. then i got into a Jaguar conversion and the nacelles were mostly green with different stacks, and we hardly ever had to touch them in comparison.

The Frakes are well worth it. Airplane stays much cleaner and they don't crack. I can't remember the number of times we welded the cracks on the OEM stacks, but it was a number of times. I didn't notice much speed increase, but they look better than the OEM's.

We put them on our KA300 and operated it for about 600 hours before we sold it.

Latest resources

Back