• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fractional growth for 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right, GF. All those sell offs that they had bought ahead of time . I was forgetting about those. Now I remember the posts from the pilots complaining that flights were sold off while they sat in FBOs. The contract got settled before the holiday rush, but the arrangements had already been made. They found out that they couldn't break the pilots' will so things didn't go according to their plan, did it?

I said last year that this business would earn money in 2005 – and I was dead wrong.

Sell offs, signing bonuses, yeah, it added up didn't it. I agree with your analysis, GF. They knew all along they'd be able to fix the problem, and with the right persuasion they finally admitted that it was wiser to work with the pilots than continue to fight them. With luck (and hard work by the pilots) , the management at Flt Ops will look at the NJ example and come to that same conclusion, sooner rather than later.

Anis said:
Kid, you're gonna have to show me the data on that one...I know Captains at Regionals who have topped out, and miss the mark by (roughly) 20K from Frac pilots. Again, generalities - not proven details. This is why we'll drive metal for our whole life.

To be clear, my position is its factual that the average Regional CA and FO, year for year, gross less that their professional counterpart at the average fractional. I think we agree, my first post might have confused you.

gunfyter said:
Nixon,

This is no surprise for 2005.

"...solve our revenue/expense problem."

DONE! All he had to do was settle the pilot's contract. As an examply I have already flown a many hours in the last 3 months since the contract was finished as I had for the 6 months prior. A 100% increase in pilot productivity. Flying 55 hrs last tour alone.

How many of those hours were occupied hours? The tour I just finished was 19.5 which 10.7 was occupied. 55%. In my view the key is to increase the occupied hours.

After 2 days and 15 plus hours we've had only 2 hrs of unocupied.

We both prefer to stay in our seats just swap every leg pax or not.

Gunfyter might have been flying with a newhire who's not allowed to fly pax legs.

where i work we just got a large pay increase i to worry about the long term viability of the company i work for. with unions putting more and more pressure on these companies it is only a matter of time before we are all out of work. no problem for the union they dont have to give back any of the money they received. with NJ reporting huge losses makes you wonder how long they will let it survive.

Stick to the front office, not the back office

dime line said:
Any of you who think that FLOPS, FLEX and Citation Shares are loosing money, prove it.

This comment is silly. That'd require inside information, and a violation of the securities laws. Convenient, perhaps, but true nonetheless. If you really want to learn firsthand how much your company is making (or not making), get a job in the finance department.

Latest resources

Back