Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
Heard through a friend that there is a new Fractional starting out of YNG (Youngstown, OH). Anybody have any info?

Gee I wonder who that would be? KR maybe? I actually heard the other day that we are still flying him around. What's up with that?

no...

It's not Kenn. He has a no compete clause until Jan'05. We still fly him because he still "own's shares in our aircraft, actually I think he owns 501CW outright.

What is it with Ohio?

Seems there must be a huge tax advantage or something to be based out of OH. It would be way too much of a coincidence to have so many frax working out of the state.

I believe in Ohio a company can relieve a pilot of his/her duties with very little or no problems. Basically, a company needs no reason to fire you. There very well may be tax reasons also.

Why Ohio?

2 main reasons:

1- favorable sales tax treatment on the purchase of a fractional interest in a plane (it may be for all jets) -- very important to a purchaser; and

2 - as Griz stated, centrally located -- within 1 1/2 hours of most major fractional markets (but #1 is more important --- other states can get close enough by location).

Latest resources

Back