Fract W&B ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

I have a few questions on how fracts (mainly: citation shares) do their weight and balance.

Does the BOW (basic operating weight) of the citations (CJ1, Bravo, and Excel) include the pilot or do they add that in as actual? At my company the BOW of each aircraft includes the weight for capt, fo, fa and their luggage.

Does CS use a standard weight for each pax or actual? what about bags?

Just wondering, Thanks.

At Options....

The BOW includes the aircraft BEW plus any amentities plus the crew & bags.

We will now send the IBT goons to take you out! If your lucky, it will be an open casket service :)

In an aircraft like the CJ, which only requires one pilot, is the BOW based on one pilot or two? Years ago I flew a Citation single pilot and the BOW was based on one pilot. I have seen others that it is based on two. Food for thought.

FracPilot said:
In an aircraft like the CJ, which only requires one pilot, is the BOW based on one pilot or two? Years ago I flew a Citation single pilot and the BOW was based on one pilot. I have seen others that it is based on two. Food for thought.

BOW includes whatever crew weight is aboard. Two jobs ago it varied between 190 (if I went single) and 400 (depending on which F/O I had with me.

rettofly said:
BOW includes whatever crew weight is aboard. Two jobs ago it varied between 190 (if I went single) and 400 (depending on which F/O I had with me.

I was asking specifically what BOW is for CS - one pilot or two. If you have a BOW listed in the W&B manual that is for one pilot, you have to add the weight of the second.

We had one of those "AA weight and balance systems" at a previous job. Had to start each day with a meeting. It usually went something like this. "Hi, I'm OtterFO. I'm an alcoholic, I've been sober for 8 hours."

sigh, I really need to get out of the bush.....

Last edited:
Re: CS Weight and Balance

Stinkbug said:
Actually, our weekly crewmember bulletin that came out today had a blurb on it that indicated we're going to a new "AA weight and balance system" for Part 135 ops. Anyone familiar with this?

It's real simple to learn and use. After you figure out a few tricks a weight and balance can be done in seconds with the plotter. The plotter seems to be the standard for 135 operaters. Hopefuly they will keep the paper work simple too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back