Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
FPL is apparently looking for a Captain in PBI to fly both fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Anybody here fly for FPL, or know anybody that does? I'm looking for info regarding the pay, schedule, QOL, etc.. I found on an owner search in the FAA database that they operate a DA2000, 2 CE560XL's, 2 Augusta A109E, and a Eurocopter AS355. Anything else?

Dunno, but it sounds like it could be sweet. FPL has great pay and benefits, at least for their general workforce. Perhaps their flight crews are similarly well-compensated.

FracCapt said:
FPL is apparently looking for a Captain in PBI to fly both fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Anybody here fly for FPL, or know anybody that does? I'm looking for info regarding the pay, schedule, QOL, etc.. I found on an owner search in the FAA database that they operate a DA2000, 2 CE560XL's, 2 Augusta A109E, and a Eurocopter AS355. Anything else?

Hiya FracCapt,

Did you ever find more info on this?

Best,
Nu

Word to the wise, power companies , with deregulation can be unstable and the first thing that goes is the flight department.

Bandit60 said:
Word to the wise, power companies , with deregulation can be unstable and the first thing that goes is the flight department.

While this may be generally true, FPL has had a flight department for years and has recently undergone a fleet upgrade. I was at a meeting with one of their pilots the other day and even after last years devistating hurricane season, their flying has really picked up.

NuGuy said:
Hiya FracCapt,

Did you ever find more info on this?

Best,
Nu

Not a thing. It seems nobody here knows about them, or at least nobody wants to share. I may take a drive next week and drop in for a visit.

Hiya Frac,

Yea, I was thinking about doing the same. They're just up the road from me.

I have way more airplane time than chopper time, but I meet their posted minimums. Not too many ATP Helio/ATP ME guys out there in the big scheme of things (I think the FAA database said something like 2500), but there are still probably more than enough applicants.

Good luck!

Nu

Latest resources

Back