Fox is on top of it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P-Dawg_QX said:
Ummmm, hello?!? If they did, don't you think we'd be looking at a smoldering hole in the ground right now?

No, because the captain would have flown right seat for well over 1000 hours before upgrading, making him just as competent as any "regular" captain.

pipejockey said:
No, because the captain would have flown right seat for well over 1000 hours before upgrading, making him just as competent as any "regular" captain.
Well you're no fun! ;)

52560 said:
I liked the comment from the "expert" that airplanes now days can't dump fuel. Guess we all of a sudden got rid of a lot of airplanes that I wasn't aware of.

The A300s can't dump fuel. The chute is still there, but the capability went away with the Flight Engineer.

Are there any 2 pilot planes that can dump fuel? I sure am heartened by my ability to jettison a lot of weight on the 727 if we were to have an engine failure on takeoff at MGTOW. It seems like a safety issue to me not to have it.

airwillydrvr said:
The A300s can't dump fuel. The chute is still there, but the capability went away with the Flight Engineer.
'
Understand, but my post was that the "expert" said that airplanes now days can't dump fuel. I guess you need to tell the Delta crew that I heard on the radio a few months ago that they couldn't dump fuel. Maybe the Northwest crew a month or so ago needs to go back to training so they will know that airplanes no longer dump fuel. Anybody fly a Lear 35 today?...wait, no airplanes fly today can dump fuel.

I know...kinda sarcastic, but my point was being sarcastic about the report of the incident. The media reported that airplanes that fly today can't dump fuel. If I wasn't an aviation enthusiast (spelling?), I would think that no airplane in the air today could dump fuel because of his report. He didn't say that Airbus can't dump fuel.

Latest resources

Back