• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Found on ..... Facebook?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like an old AAI typical mgt tactic. Had a long discussion with a dude that was anti-contract and went out on OJI. Said the company tried to railroad him, hired a PI and everything.

Another example of what a great place it was.

Exactly, and he wasn't the only one.

Don't forget though, the had 'pretty good pay'.

Last edited:
I respect and appreciate XJT pilots. However it seems that spending all that time being highest paid 145 pilots and having the great contract that they did for so long has become meaningless. Like it never happened?! That contract cost the combined CAL/XJT groups a crapload! $.80 of a total union $ went to XJT negotiating for a long time, that happened to coincide with a time that CAL plots were NOT doing well. I didn't sick out because my specific contract was bad and I didn't call for a halt to spending inordinately on XJT. All these airlines have an ebb and flow to them. FFD was a failed prospect from the beginning. If you're a regional pilot, your cheese is being moved, that's all. You just have to be willing to move with it. Not saying I don't want to see your pay go up guys. I feel like at UAL we already did it: we doubled new hire pay.

Says the guy from the company that fired a guy because he gave two weeks notice? :rolleyes:

As far as I know, that one turned out to be just a rumor. Our biggest problems now have more to do with safety issues than management disciplinary tactics. Lately, we can't seem to fly routine go-arounds, with two relatively recent flights slowing below 90 knots as they pitched up, one of them literally coming within 3 knots of stalling. Scary stuff.

It wasn't just a rumor. It was confirmed. But it was corrected quite quickly, I'll give them that.

So back to the thread

This wasn't just a Facebook post I saw

It was a sponsored link thrown into my newsfeed

????

That's a pretty good paper trail

Then again-
Why give a sh/t when that whole industry is in big time shrink mode

Latest resources

Back