FO's Scher_____a RIP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Dork

Although we pilots like to usually forget about our bad ex-CEO's, like we would a girlfriend that didn't work out, I want to take a trip down memory lane just in case MS shows up at your operation.

FO's shrunk by 50 percent, while Netjets hired 400 a year. We were "right sizing."

MS fired 70 pilots for productivity. There are two types of productivity problems, there are those that post under their own name on the union website, and those with sick family members that have expensive insurance requirements. We're self insured-get it!

MS fired 30 pilots for the inability to get CANPASS. 60 percent of the US population couldn't get it if it wanted to.

He removed an entire maintence base in Centenial, because they didn't understand "productivity."

Pilot pay is roughly 50 percent of Netjets (with everything), 60 percent of Flexjet and Citation Shares.

All this and he leads a maudlin prayer, yes a real prayer, bowed heads and all, for Vision 2012, and the Four Non-Negotiables. I wanted to puke, and really I am a normally churchy kind of guy.

There are so many revolting aspects to this guy. I'd like others to add on...

So what's the dillio, yo?

For the benefit of those of us who are no longer FLOPS guys, has something happened? Has he "left the building?"

He is still on the board of directors but has no real power. From what I hear he was looking for a job down in Dallas, but that info is over 2 months old.

We are just glad he is gone.:beer:

Just beware, companies may be looking for him to set up a sale and guaratee profit just as he did Flops. He did the job he was paid to do. If you are out there flying without a contract, your pay raises today won't matter. Flops pilots lost more than can be measured in any dollar amount. Lost jobs from firings, subpar industry pay, loss of a/c, no captain upgrades, minimal movement to different a/c. All these are important to a pilots bank account.

I've noticed all the "union busters" that posted on this site are now silent. He will be at your flight department next and you will post on here on how bad things are. Your managers will turn against you. You will go to the very pilots you smirked at on here and ask, How do I get a contract to save my job? I hope to see better days. Hope you can say the same. IBT1108- the cure for M.S.

Dork,
I have a complaint to add on. How about the elimination of domiciles for some.

I know a certain PIC who was living in the Dallas area but had family in Wichita Falls (SPS). He wrote a letter to management asking if they had any objections to his moving to SPS and airlining to and from work from there. Management at that time, stated "no problem." This gentleman sold his house in Dallas and subsequently relocated his family to SPS. 18 months later he was informed that SPS didn't qualify as a domicile for Flight Options and he would have to commute at his expense and during off time to and from DFW. Nicely done Mr. S!!

There are many others who were forced to relocate, commute incredible distances (driving from Grand Junction to Denver?) or simply quit due to this egregious action. Can you say "Team Member"?
Good riddance to Mike S.

There we go.. fixed. :eek:

Bob,

Is that all you can fix? God knows you have not been able to fix the labor issues at Flops! How about doing something right for once in your career and get the industry standard contract that the Flops pilots deserve finalized and ready for a vote!

You know what it is, so get it done!

Last edited:
Bob,

Is that all you can fix? God knows you have not been able to fix the labor issues at Flops! How about doing something right for once in your career and get the industry standard contract that the Flops pilots deserve finalized and ready for a vote!

You know what it is, so get it done!

Why would he care, He is Out of here anyway.

About the whole 2012 thing that was chosen as a new plan. He actually pegged it.....early. Don't you guys know the meaning of 2012. He obviously did.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/2012.htm

PS- You guys forgot to add the 259% increase to monthly health care premiums in the fall of 2006. Remember that one. Bet your wallets do.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back