Fo's doing interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

Anyone deal with that? That was the only person I dealt with besides the sim fellow. he was a 19 year vet with the company. The FO was the only person that I did HR, FAR, and ops questions with. Passed the sim but not the interview. Feel shorted a bit but theres other jobs out there.

FO's do it at lots of companies. Being an FO (especially now) doesn't necessarily mean they are brand new there. My technical interview at my present company was done by an FO, however he had been here for over 3 years.

TiredOfTeaching said:
Anyone deal with that? That was the only person I dealt with besides the sim fellow. he was a 19 year vet with the company. The FO was the only person that I did HR, FAR, and ops questions with. Passed the sim but not the interview. Feel shorted a bit but theres other jobs out there.

haha..Quit your bitching

If he's a 19 year vet of the company, I'm sure he was right for the job of interviewer. If he was a newer guy though....power trip!

Where the he11 did you interview? Mainline USAir?

Looking at your total time..............I'm guessing some cargo or regional outfit.

Sorry, the guy who did our sim eval was a 19 year guy. I got past that part.

The HR was done by an FO.

SkyBoy1981 said:
My technical interview at my present company was done by an FO, however he had been here for over 3 years.

Three ENTIRE years...and then some ??!! Wow...

I think that a first officer doing interviews is an excellent idea -- especially at the regional level. Who knows better what is required to get through initial, IOE, and probation?

It could also be a tactic designed to see how you react. Obviously you are prepared to be interviewed by senior captains, management, etc... how do you act if you're interviewed by someone who might potentially have less experience than you do?

I've been interviewed by Captains, FOs, HR, Chief pilots, Phone interviews, panel interviews, and sneaky interviews (where an interviewer happens to be the van driver...)

They're all designed to perform the same function -- determine whether you're someone they want to spend time with in the cockpit!

You'll do better next time. Good luck

Ahhh, another person not from MTSU
gets the rejection from Regions Air!

Aztrucks, Barons and 210's...are you
hauling checks or spare body parts?

Hehehe!

AlabamaMan!! said:
Where the he11 did you interview? Mainline USAir?

Looking at your total time..............I'm guessing some cargo or regional outfit.

It is in the "regionals" forum!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back