Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MYFpilot

SDSU Super Fan
With all this complaining about low time pudknockers getting airline jobs, I was wondering just who is the highest time non-career CFI around?

I'm at 1875 total with 260 multi, instructing now for two and a half years. Applied everywhere, no calls back from anybody. :(

But hey, I guess I'm lucky to still be flying. Even if it is just a F#@!% Cessna 172!!

Ditto...

I started flight instructing in 1991. Did it for almost 4 years and 1800 hrs. dual given. Worked long (10 years) and hard to get to a major (UAL) and got furloughed after 8 months. Enjoy your instructing job. The experience you gain (especially teaching instruments) will serve you well when your time comes. Have fun in the big crap shoot that will become your career in aviation.

Regards,

RightBettor

CFI'ing part time and flying 135 full time but I cant get a call with 3000/1200.

I feel your pain and hope things work out for both of us...they have to hire us eventually!

My instructor got stuck at ERAU cuz of a green card situation.

I believe he has around 5000TT with most of it dual given....

Oh, he got his card last month...

High time CFI

I never was hired by a commuter, but G-d knows I tried. My times stand at 4565 total, 1380 multi, and 3549 instructing over six years total of instructing. Maybe 1100-1200 of my multi is instructing in Seminoles. My last commuter interview was when my totals stood at about 3140 total, 760 of multi and 2170 of dual given.

You bet you're lucky to be flying. I always considered myself lucky to be flying in the early '90s when so many Eastern and Pan Am pilots were SOL. As the other poster said, instruct instruments. I'd suggest that you instruct multi, too, if you can. Good luck with your job search.

Latest resources

Back