Former USAirways CEO, David Siegel, Named Frontier CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Is this old news? Just found it. Also posted it on the Majors because he was the former USAirways CEO (pre-merger).

I don't view this as too bad (although I have never worked for him). Siegel actually has some good experience having worked at CAL, Expressjet and the previous USAirways.

Here's the press release:

Republic Airways Holdings (Indianapolis) has announced that David Siegel will become the new CEO, President, and interim Chief Operating Officer of Frontier Airlines (2nd) (Denver), a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc.

Siegel’s appointment is another step towards Republic’s goal of making Frontier Airlines a viable, strong and independent business. Siegel and the entire Frontier executive team will be based at Frontier’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado.

Republic is re-inventing Frontier Airlines as an Ultra Low-Cost Carrier which it hopes to sell off. According to the release, Siegel comes to Frontier with a wealth of relevant CEO experience. Siegel previously served as CEO of XOJET, gategroup, US Airways and Avis Budget, in addition to other key leadership roles in the airline industry.

Siegel served as lead independent director on the Republic Airways (RAH) Board of Directors and will give up that role, but will remain on the board in this new position.

Republic also announced the addition of new senior officers for Frontier’s finance and commercial team, among other changes in the executive leadership team.

Robert Ashcroft has joined Frontier as Senior Vice President, Finance. Ashcroft will work closely with Siegel and Bedford in the project of moving Frontier towards independence, as well as defining opportunities to ensure profitable growth for the Company. Ashcroft has an unusually diverse background encompassing finance, planning and IT. Most recently he was at Allegiant Travel Company overseeing network and capacity planning, scheduling, pricing and investor relations.

Daniel Shurz has been promoted to the role of Senior Vice President, Commercial for Frontier and will have responsibility for all commercial activities, including network planning, pricing and revenue management, marketing, product and brand definition. Daniel joined Frontier as Vice President of Strategy and Planning in 2009.

Greg Aretakis is assuming an expanded role as Vice President of Network and Revenue Management, adding responsibility for scheduling and planning, sales and distribution to his current portfolio. Greg previously served as the Company’s Vice President of Revenue Production.

Dan Krause has been promoted to Vice President of Marketing and Customer Experience for Frontier. Dan has been with Frontier since 2004 and most recently served as Senior Director, Commercial Strategy and Customer Experience.

Have fun with that! He had to have security all around him when he walked through the Airports of US Airways! My buddy worked for him when he CEO'ed a airline catering buisness. He even worked with the dude! Lets just say he has nothing good to say about him.

The last few months I was at Piedmont in 2002 He was the reason I left.... He said that all of us where vendors... Like Mesa and all he cared about was his mainline pilots on the street.....

The last few months I was at Piedmont in 2002 He was the reason I left.... He said that all of us where vendors... Like Mesa and all he cared about was his mainline pilots on the street.....

... and he didn't even do that...

I wish the best to all my frontier friends.

Latest resources

Back