Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former SKYW Sapa prez D. Livingston At it Again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave L has about 1 year left...then he will be invited to work with Tony F and Mike E on "special projects" down in SGU for all the fine work he has done as a SAPA rep. Jim B. will soon be invited to join them but they won't give him any assignments that involve spelling...and if the Skywest guys vote down ALPA here is what they have:

From SP51...

Policies set forth in the SkyWest Airlines Company Policy and the SkyWest
Airlines Employee Handbook are not intended to create a contract, nor are
they to be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a
contract of employment between the employer and any of its employees.

The provisions of the policy and handbook have been developed at the
discretion of management and may be amended or cancelled at any time
at the organization’s sole discretion.
C. These provisions supersede all existing policies and practices and may not be
amended or added to without the express written approval of the President
of the Company.

Zoltar is still out there?
Yup!
If you go rent the movie "Big", it is the fortune teller machine that made Tom Hanks, big. That is the only effect it will have on your life, much like SAPA.
PBR

ALPA voting letters were mailed yesterday, should arrive between saturday and beyond. Voting system will be up until Novenber 6th.

Good luck to all.

:puke: = SAPA

:beer: = ALPA

I think I will wait to vote!! See how things play out the next few weeks.. I hope you will do the same.. Alpa wants you to vote right now.. While they look good.. It's the same as buying a used car.. Look around first!!

I think I will wait to vote!! See how things play out the next few weeks.. I hope you will do the same.. Alpa wants you to vote right now.. While they look good.. It's the same as buying a used car.. Look around first!!

I have been using the wait and see plan through a couple of union drives now. Management will promise the world before/during a drive and when it fails they go back to business as usual (usually involving liberating me from my pay/QOL). I have to agree with 120 on this one.

amcnd,

While you are trying to decide, it might be a good idea to talk with those who were here for the last couple of drives.

I've had three years to look around. Talked with guys who've kicked the tires five, ten, fifteen years and more. Going to check my mailbox. Be back in 5 minutes.

I've had three years to look around. Talked with guys who've kicked the tires five, ten, fifteen years and more. Going to check my mailbox. Be back in 5 minutes.

I got two letters!!! One is from SkyWest and C.C. and the other is from the National Mediation Board.

Reading CC's letter dated 10/5/07: We are committed to working with you to maintain SkyWest's position as premier employer and a premier airline. When it comes to pilot compensation, we work with our pilots to remain competitive in the market, and will continue to do so. Our personal relationship is relatively new, and I look forward to the continued ability to work individually and collectively with you.

Thank you sir. As you might have gathered many of the pilots at SkyWest have come to see and experience where things have gone broken over the years. I look forward to having representation to finally get a contract that will replace the at times nebulous policies we live under today. I also look forward to having someone other than some of the star performers of SAPA work collectively with you in regards to my career and compensation as they have not done what I feel is the best job. I look to managment to maintain a good relationship with us to both keep SkyWest a premier airline and at the same time recognize that we as your pilots have done as you have, enlisted the best people we can to make our airline the premier employer.

Gotta' phone call to make!

Latest resources

Back