Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MED

Royer!
I have a 744 type rating from a country that is not a member of ICAO. Is it possible to transfer this type rating to my FAA ATP certificate? If so, how,where and how much?

Take an approved course of instruction from FAA certified instructors then pass a 61.58 check given by an FAA certified check airman or designated examiner.

Wrong. 61.58 checks are recurrent rides if you already have a type rating. To convert your ( Taiwanese, is it ? ) 747 type rating you would probably have to do a FAR Part 142 short course at an approved center and then take an FAA type ride. Approximate cost $15,000. Check out Alteon in Seattle or NATCO in Eagan for pricing info.

Typhoonpilot

Last edited:
I just threw that number out there as a guide. You might be able to get it cheaper. Check around and see. The cheapest short course I could find on the 777 was Alteon in Seattle for $15,000. It all depends on what kind of approved courses the training centers have. If there is an approved training center with a really short 747-400 course for guys with foreign licenses than you may find something within your budget. The kicker always is that you need to also come up with a sim partner or you'll get charged for that as well.

TP

A small 142 center who has approval to do a short type rating course. (A few days of groundschool/oral prep and one or two FSS session + FAA Checkride) is the easiest way to get your FAA type if you have experience on type.
Large centers such as Alteon don't have this and can only offer a Shortened Transition Course lasting about 15 days.

80/20 said:
A small 142 center who has approval to do a short type rating course. (A few days of groundschool/oral prep and one or two FSS session + FAA Checkride) is the easiest way to get your FAA type if you have experience on type.
Large centers such as Alteon don't have this and can only offer a Shortened Transition Course lasting about 15 days.

Do you know any by name for 747-400 or 777 ?

TP

Latest resources

Back