• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Foreign Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GA is almost nonexistent in China; I think there was an Air & Space article a year or two back about someone getting the FIRST business jet in China.

PanAm

I guess more specifically I should have asked about the Pan Am academy in Beijing. I saw they had some requirements for instructors there and given the current state of world affairs, I am trying to get a feel for the current activities over there.

Don't! Don't! Don't!
Unless you are desperate for hours. They pay you 2K which is not that bad for a CFI. However, if you're a US citizen / green card holder why would you want to do that? We've plenty of entry level jobs in the USA.
Things are incredibly slow over there due to bureaucracy with a big B. All airspace are controlled by the military and they open it only when they feel happy. The flying experience are not as diverse as here in the US, ie small practice area and under positive control all the times. And the canteen sucks at PA.

Been there, done that.

STAY AWAY from CFI gigs in China. At least for now. I have a buddy who came back and he felt like he escaped the country. In the town where he lived the power was on for about 6 hours a day and they had H20 for about 8 hours a day. Guess what, the power wasn't on at the same time as the H20. He was lied to, (told he would fly a min. of 75 hours a month) and the airspace there isn't so GA friendly. I think Air China sends their newbies to VRB for a reason.

They are looking for CFI's in China right now on climbto350.com, but who the hell would want to do that. They want a 14 month commitment...

Last edited:
What about instructing in the U.K.? I know it's virtually impossible to get a green card though...

BLing said:
They are looking for CFI's in China right now on climbto350.com, but who the hell would want to do that. They want a 14 month commitment...

A few words "Good looking asian chicks"

Latest resources

Back