Foreign Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyin'Finn

Flyin'Finn: Finally someone that's knowledgble in the process and has valuable input. Unfortunatley, I already have done what you suggested as I have been working as a CFI at a flight school in Tulsa, OK for over a year now. The problem is I just barely got my BS in December and my flight school is having some financial difficulties so they are laying off a bunch off people and I can't get rehired for a position that requires a B.S. - i.e. a ground instructor. Never the less I'm still trying to sort something out with the HR dept. so hopefully I can get them to sponsor me by the time my OPT expires which will give me some more time to marry my girlfriend :)
Also, since they laid off 20 CFI, I was demoted to "part-time" and now I only fly with one student and barely get 6-7 hours a month. My biggest fear is that, say I get a greencard in 6-7 month from now, what happens when I go to an interview and they see that I've been barely flying in the last 6 months to a year?
Thanks for the info man.

vlatko -

first worry about the gc, then a potential interview process and required recent flight experience.

since you still have OPT, but your school will not hire you full time, may be you can freelance instruct on the side to keep the hours up. still, your main concern is to maintain legal status whatever you do, so the eventual gc process won't be delayed.

- remind your school that h-1 does not require full time employment (though prevailing wage comparison might become even more difficult).
- you might also want to look into the b-category visas
- as long as your school has a proper job description for your position, fullfilling the specialty occupation requirement, the DOL nor the INS have little say what you actually DO under the title, so you might be hired with your B.S. degree for a non-flying position and still be able to fly as long as the school is ok with it.

that's what I'm thinking to myself every time I read an arrogant/ignorant post. They're bashing on me like I'm some insurgent. Too bad there's a lot of schmo's that don't differentiate between an ambitious christian foreigner that probably speaks their own language better then themselves and an islamic terrorist or some 3rd world country illegal scum.

Vlatko,

What kind of christian talks like that ?

You say you don't understand how could some folks not be able to differentiate. But I am not sure you can either.
Putting down a thirld world guy to make yourself look better, that is very christian !

Later,

P.S : Can you dance too??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back