Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
Just curious if someone knows what the eyesight requirements are for contract jobs in places like China, India, Vietnam etc. Lasik yea or nay, worst uncorrected, and such. I have searched over at pprune.org and can't find much info.

Thanks

Japan doesn't like LASIK either, but remember that it takes some very sophisticated equipment to identify. At least that's what I've been told. ;)

it takes some very sophisticated equipment to identify

Pretty unsophisticated to lie on your medical application, needless to say that it has long lasting effects since all ICAO subscriber civil aviation agencies that you are licensed with will get the report, including the FAA.

Dumb,pretty unsophisticated to assume something that is completely false, I have never needed to lie on any any medical application since there is no such application where I work. :rolleyes:

Pretty unsophisticated to lie on your medical application, needless to say that it has long lasting effects since all ICAO subscriber civil aviation agencies that you are licensed with will get the report, including the FAA.

I think you are mistaken. Show your source if it is true please.

ICAO is not a clearing house for medical information.

I know of guys that couldn't hold or had ICAO Medicals revoked from one Country but are able to hold them for others. For example: High Cholesterol disqualifies you in Egypt.

Lying is never a good idea.

That aside, the FAA is not going to care if you don't get a medical from another country because of Lasik. So if they don't specifically ask, I wouldn't mention it.

Last edited:
To answer the original question. India validates your FAA licence to fly in their country, you use your FAA medical.

Saudi Arabia has the same medical standards as the USA and you can use either an FAA Medical Cert or a Saudi one.

I have never needed to lie on any any medical application since there is no such application where I work. :rolleyes:

I did not assume such a thing, you posted!

Japan doesn't like LASIK either, but remember that it takes some very sophisticated equipment to identify. At least that's what I've been told. ;)

You maybe meant it as a joke, but that seems to imply that applying for a license giving erroneous information about your eyesight because it is difficult to detect would be acceptable? If my interpretation is off the mark I apologize, but the "wink" emoticon threw me off.

I think you are mistaken. Show your source if it is true please.

ICAO is not a clearing house for medical information.

Apples and oranges, you are correct in saying that a medical disqualifier on another CAA wouldn't apply in the FAA.
But, If it is discovered eventually that you purposely lied in your application and your licence is revoked because of it then all the CAA's that have licensed you (and you report all your licenses and ratings during application) will get a report. One thing is to not meet medical standards to be issued a license and another is to have a license revoked

Latest resources

Back