• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Forecasted First Quarter Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I know CAL's numbers are down as well, I can also attest to the fact that we are hiding money. I ferried a plane to the paint shop recently and as we disembarked, the people that met the plane were "confused" as to why we were bringing in a plane that was painted less than three years ago. The mechanic even said the plane looked great and that this was "a waste of money to paint it again." FUPM

so that means the company is hiding money??? Or does it mean mis-management and allocation of resources? Little confused.

so that means the company is hiding money??? Or does it mean mis-management and allocation of resources? Little confused.

No kidding-confused as well. He did say he knows for a fact that they are hiding money. He must have some inside info.

No kidding-confused as well. He did say he knows for a fact that they are hiding money. He must have some inside info.

Maybe they are sticking the money on the plane then painting over it so we do not see it...that is it...that is what he meant on hiding it...my bad

Delta nonetheless expects to post a profit for the year, and investors will be looking for evidence to reinforce that prediction.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That Song sounds familiar. I'm sure you expect Steenland to leave his wife and kids for you, but that's probably not going to happen either.

Bye Bye--Genital Herpes

Think about the situation:

Mgmt says the "expect" an annual profit... A while back they "expected" a 1st-quarter profit as a result of all the "synergies" they "expected to generate...." Well, good luck "synergy" just sounds a lot better than "we have no idea what the hell is going on."

-Here's one for you Genital:

-When Steenland and his gay goatee miss publicly-stated "expectations," you can "expect" the stock to tank even worse than it has since the IPO...

-BTW-what was the IPO price? $19 or so? Where is it now? INTL routes really paying off, eh?

-Wall Street loves your mgmt. almost as much as I do!

Mgmt says the "expect" an annual profit... A while back they "expected" a 1st-quarter profit as a result of all the "synergies" they "expected to generate...." Well, good luck "synergy" just sounds a lot better than "we have no idea what the hell is going on."

-When Steenland and his gay goatee miss publicly-stated "expectations," you can "expect" the stock to tank even worse than it has since the IPO...

-BTW-what was the IPO price? $19 or so? Where is it now? INTL routes really paying off, eh?

So how's that french fry job working out for you anyway?
Does it still hurt when you sit down?
I'm sure with a little TLC:blush: you'll be back to good in no time.
BTW. I would rather take my chances with a management type like DL's than some washout rj f/o who's best future prospects are walmart greeter and night time manager at McDonalds in Atlanta.

So you actually think that the DAL stock is lower because of INTL routes?? Did you not notice that the whole market is down?....Just about any stock you look at in the past 12-18 months is lower.

"It is the airlines that are not throwing money
supporting money losing RJ operations..."

I really must say that the lose/looser spelling issue has been going much better recently.

"I don't think anyone said their isn't an international market..."

Now if we could just improve on the their/there thing I think we'll be done.

Look McFry, you need to get back to work and replace the urinal cakes in the guys' stall after you finish that last batch of fries....

Think about the men's room often, do you? No wonder they call you "The Genital".

That is not exactly what I had in mind...

The NWA guys who hijacked DAL and are now running the show have stated that they plan to "compete" AirTran out of business -essentially. I hope that does not happen.... For both companies' sakes.

My point is that these morons would be much better to just leave the status quo alone. AirTran is good in ATL-they keep a lot of gates busy, and they make it unlikely that SWA or ALGT would make a move on ATL-in force.

If Steenland and his boys were to run the "tranny" out of business, or make them shrink significantly,SWA and ALGT would be all over DAL's butt in a hurry.

-Who would you rather compete against-if you were running DAL? AirTran-which has practically new planes and pays pretty well, or ALGT which flies 40+yr old burners and pays less than some RJ jobs?
Maybe they'll do better than the "DL" guys who tried to run JB out of JFK. that worked great, they made themselves look good with all the 8 hr flights to ATL

Latest resources

Back