Ford, GM flt dept. still open?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnnyPilot

I was wondering if anyone knows what the status of the Ford and GM flight department is? I thought the part of the bail-out that included the closing of flight departments was removed?

Are all or any of their respective pilots looking for work?

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JP

GM's is closed, planes are parked off location and pilots have been out of work for over a month now. Some have found other jobs.

I don't know about Ford.

I just went by both hangars the other day and they both look like ghost towns....the parking lot aren't even plowed. Also been told that the planes are still in the hangars, but thats just hear say

GM's is closed, planes are parked off location and pilots have been out of work for over a month now. Some have found other jobs.

I don't know about Ford.

Glad to hear that some have found work, and may God help those that are looking .....2 years ago I thought that corporate was the place to be vs. airline. How quickly things can change and turn into many sleepless nights.

I hope Barney Frank and his friends don't ruin our lives.......

I thought there might be hope with Ford not taking the TARP... :(

TC

Glad to hear that some have found work, and may God help those that are looking .....2 years ago I thought that corporate was the place to be vs. airline. How quickly things can change and turn into many sleepless nights.

I hope Barney Frank and his friends don't ruin our lives.......

Yeah, the guys that found other jobs feel they got very lucky-even blessed I guess you could say. One is a friend and he landed on his feet, he and his family are about as grateful as one could be.

Because they told Congress they would and they have asked for access to a $9 billion line of credit from the Feds.

Ford Flight Department

Because they told Congress they would and they have asked for access to a $9 billion line of credit from the Feds.

Not sure if EVERYONE in Ford's department is gone. Seems like there might be some management folks still on the payroll...Check with Fokker guy on here.

Latest resources

Back