Ford and Harrison-really that bad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tzflyer

I know everybody holds out F&H as the enemy, but I don't know of any of the good contracts of the last 20 years, not that there are many of them, that were not negotiated against F&H. I wonder if maybe there isn't some advantage to pilots in that we know who they are and what tactics they employ. Would people at my company and others really rather have our mgmt. hire some unkown?
Pilots have had some success during good times and we all know the playbook being used, maybe we shouldn't shake in fear at the mention of the name! I often wonder how those black helicopters sound when I read some of the posts on this site.
Just wondering if I am alone in this.
TZ

Did management care about a few million bucks when the company was making record profits each year?

It seems like after 2001, and all the Chapter 11's that management started complaining that the labor costs are xx% of operating costs and we need to lower this immediately.

So, is H&F like the law firm in Devils Advocate? Probably not.

Are the lawyers of F&H all doing each other in a daisy chain around the office? Probably yes.

Are you trying to switch to management? Sounds like it.

So...Ford and Harrison-really that bad...absofreakingloutly!!!

I know everybody holds out F&H as the enemy, but I don't know of any of the good contracts of the last 20 years, not that there are many of them, that were not negotiated against F&H. I wonder if maybe there isn't some advantage to pilots in that we know who they are and what tactics they employ. Would people at my company and others really rather have our mgmt. hire some unkown?
Pilots have had some success during good times and we all know the playbook being used, maybe we shouldn't shake in fear at the mention of the name! I often wonder how those black helicopters sound when I read some of the posts on this site.
Just wondering if I am alone in this.
TZ

Apaarently someone is doing the backstroke through the Kool-Aid Lagoon.... -Your help is really not needed here.

ALPA preys on it's membership(young). :(

And just get back to me after F&H has scrwed your butt to the wall....

-Asking if F&H is really all that bad is kinda like asking whether a turd is really very tasty... You just don't want to find out.

ALPA preys on it's membership(young). :(

Most professions do. It is not exclusive to ALPA. In addition, when ALPA was formed Co pilots got zero vote, then they got 1/2 vote. Now they get a full vote.

So, should we make ALPA better or........??

Latest resources

Back