For travelers on packed planes, 'fight for the overheads' is on

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

We (airlines) are our own worst enemies. Who pays for all of those Size Wise bag measurers at each gate? Why the heck do we have them if we absolutely never ever enforce the max bag size limits for carry on's. I see people carrying practical steamer trunks on board every time I commute. We need to start enforcing our own rules and quit inconvienencing the few who actually follow the rules. It's just another factor that makes flying a royal PITA and adds to the number of reasons people will end up just staying home. Most carriers charge extra for checked bags, so let's at least enforce the rules and maybe make a little extra revenue from it. I didnt notice too many carriers making a profit this past quarter.

Retiree Bob Heavenrich of Ann Arbor, Mich., hates what he calls "gate lice" — passengers who clog the front of the boarding area, impeding others, so they can rush the plane when their zone is called. The goal: Get bags in bins and avoid having them taken and checked at the plane door.
We have all become LLCs.

I see people carrying practical steamer trunks on board every time I commute. We need to start enforcing our own rules and quit inconvienencing the few who actually follow the rules.

QFT, I travel a fair amount on tickets, when I travel I generally have a suitcase (legal carry-on size) that I check, because I've found that the hassle of claiming a bag is less than the hassle of fighting for overhead bin space, and a pretty small bag that contains my lap top and few other items. Lately I have noticed that the F/A's are instructing passengers to with smaller carry-ons to put them in their seat space and save the overhead bin space for those with the steamer trunks.

YGBSM!, I will be damned if I will spend the entire SEA-NRT trip with less foot room, all because I'm following the rules and using less than my share, and others are not.

Use the Size wise devices, and require those that don't fit to be checked.

It ain't rocket science.

We have all become LLCs.

Limited Liability Corporations?

Or could you have possibily, just maybe, meant LCC's (Low Cost Carriers, like everyone's favorite-----> US Airways!!!)? TaDa!!!!

Latest resources

Back