For those bought up by Jet Direct

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tapcon

What changes in pay, QOL and operations did you incur?

I heard that they have bought up Presidential, Regal, Summit, Spirit, and JetCorp and now Sentient w/ Atlantic Aviation Flight. Does anyone from these companies have any input on how fast changes take place and what kind of changes to expect. Scheduling, time off, QOL, uniforms, pay....Contacts for employment...

Also, any opinions on how jetdirect's aquisition of sentient will effect other operators who fly extensively for sentient?

I can give a heads on waht happened at Presidential, A friend worked there in the maintenance dept, a GIV mech. They laid off people to shrink the overhead, mostly from the maintenance and parts area, as he told me on the pilot side none were laid off, the critical will be up the road maybe six to eight months up the road when they combine all to one certificate (JetDirect's) , then things wil start to change like the DO, Chief Pilot, DOM will be at jetDirect and not local anymore, and the pilots will be at the Jetdirect roster, now this will happen only after JetDirect finishes buying every other company that they intend to buy, who knows who !! This is not official , it's what he told me and rumored around before he got laid off, check http://www.jetdirect.net/ website for news. Hope this help, looks like the pilots wont get the hit.

Overtime

Effective (I believe in June) the mandatory overtime will disappear. Jet Direct may make things a bit easier over time if given the chance. I hope i'm not being naive about this but that's what I hear. Time will tell. I know the St. Louis op may be loosing several captains soon and not positioned well to replace them.

Last edited:
It seems as though its business as usual as far as each indivdual base goes while the leadership tries to centralize their corporate headquarters and operations base. Its going to be interesting to see this company grow. The investors have very deep pockets and business plan is structured around aircraft management, charter and card programs, no fractional stuff here. Their aiicraft acquisition plan is very aggressive to the point where they're going to be purchasing their own aircraft and not just rely on client aircraft to book charter.

Start dusting off the resume

Effective (I believe in June) the mandatory overtime will disappear. Jet Direct may make things a bit easier over time if given the chance. I hope i'm not being naive about this but that's what I hear. Time will tell. I know the St. Louis op may be loosing several captains soon and not positioned well to replace them.

Whew! Not sure where your coming from, but I cant see them making it easier for our group.

We fly Bravos for Sentient and since the news of the merger, our flying has slowed. We used to get our butts kicked on the road and never knew what was next however, now 2 days off here, 2 off there. Time to send the resume to them directly I guess.

I got a call wed. from Angela at Jet Direct concerning positions for Lear and Hawker drivers out of Dallas. I missed the call but I'm aware that they merged with Regal at KDAL. Just curious if anyone on here knows anything about their operations at Love (schedule, pay, qol)? Thanks in advance for any info.

I got a call regarding the gig at DAL flying Hawkers. Haven't called them back since I don't have much info. Any info is appreciated.

Latest resources

Back