??? for Guard/Reserve guys at Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto

Okay, I know there has to be a few of you out there. Suppose there were rumors of activation at my unit. How would activation affect me at Comair?

1. I take it you get your seniority number on day 1 of training? Does that mean if you got the activation call on day 2, you'd be golden or do you have to finish training/IOE first?

2. Say you were in your first year and you get the call. Once you come back, would you have to finish out that first year pay scale, or would your pay be comensurate with your seniority number?

3. How long would the retraning process take to get back up to speed in the CRJ after coming back from activation?

4. While I'm talking to some mil guys...how many days of mil leave does Comair give you?

Thanks for the info!!

Otto,

I just retired as a non-rated officer from the ARNG. I can give full/partial answers to all your questions.

1. Yes, you go receive a seniority number on day one. That should help. If you get the call on day two, inform the company and call ALPA. Should this situation confront you in reality, send me a PM and I'll give you the numbers you need as soon as I get the message.

2. If called up while on probation, you will be treated as any other pilot in the same scenario. You will be placed on governement leave (GL). It should not affect your seniority for any purposes. This is per federal law. However, I believe you still have to complete probation.

3. Your guess is as good as mine. As late as December, I know of one captain who had not completed return to work training following the end of our strike last summer. He's back now, but was at the mercy of the training department for a long, long time.

4. There is no limit as to how many days of GL time you may take per the contract. Federal law speciifies four years, with provisions made for war time. Your JAG folks can supply you with more information than I can.

Good luck!

Slim

What's up OTTO?? As soon as you get your number, you are OK (so to speak). When you get it depends on Comair. At SkyWest it was the first week in the next months bid. (Start in Jan, get number in Feb) Back up to speed - well, a guy in my unit that flies RJ's took a few sims and a little refresher ground school after our last activation and the re-training took about 2 weeks.

P.S. We ARE activated for a year :eek:

Latest resources

Back