? for CAL 75 guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TNPILOT

I'm trying to catch a ride back from Europe with you guys. Are there any 75 routes to EWR that should be avoided? I'm aware TXL is generally weight restricted but what are some others? Thanks!

LIS and the most of the UK/Ireland are rarely problematic unless in the winter...but avoid BCN and TXL. Depending on the weather in EWR and the enroute winds, any B757 from Europe could go tanks full with no payload variance allowed. The crew loves top off on these things it if they can get away with it. It certainly does increase the chances of making it in to EWR in the summer afternoon. If I was trolling around Europe, I would plan on a B757 going there but coming back I make sure I end up in cities with widebodies. Overall, you just need some luck, so I usually stay away from westbound B757s.

Last edited:
Cologne might be worth a try.

What about Lisbon? There are 2 75's per day and the loads look better than FRA. I'm just worried about weight restrictions.

I don't think a weight restriction out of Lisbon is likely unless something strange happened like an MEL.

Fuel stops are not normally an issue this time of year in the 757.

You shouldn't have a problem if there are seats available. TXL normally blocks off seats but I would imagine they can release them with the approval from load planning.

Latest resources

Back