• Start date
  • Watchers 23

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd guestimate over 90% 3rd thisters want to move on. The upper 500 east don't care, over 50% other east pilots want to move on and over 90% west want to move on.

The upper 500 Easties just lost a HUGE amount of money that they could have used during their very soon upcoming retirement. I bet they are pi$$ed! They now question what the heck they were thinking. Even with the NIC award, they still would have remained in the top 500, but with 5 years or more of higher pay and better retirement. Wow, what a colossal mistake they made....

Bye Bye---General Lee

The upper 500 Easties just lost a HUGE amount of money that they could have used during their very soon upcoming retirement. I bet they are pi$$ed! They now question what the heck they were thinking. Even with the NIC award, they still would have remained in the top 500, but with 5 years or more of higher pay and better retirement. Wow, what a colossal mistake they made....

Bye Bye---General Lee

True statement...example of how hatred is self-defeating and it's not completely one sided. Furthermore, the DOJ will only prolong this merger but without it there is no DFR per Judge Silver in the latest court transcript I read. This last minute DOJ lawsuit will cause a lot of routes/slots given up during the settlement. Many analysts were shocked at this DOJ lawsuit and believe it's a weak case at best and now speculate and will come to conclude it was a plan all along to reduce the size of the New American and see this play as their only option to get concessions and the reason they waited until 2 days prior to file. During the DOJ's 7 month study, American and US Airways execs were in the same room with the DOJ trying to hash out a deal and CEO egos got in the way. The result in the short term will result in that pilot staffing will be fixed at the New American for a couple years. The pilots who may lose in the short run may end up being the west, new hires, and applicants. Was this last minute DOJ lawsuit a plan to gain huge concessions from the New American? I believe it will and the deal will still close by years end.

Like someone else pointed out...if there really was this groundswell of opposition..... this "silent majority".......then they would have effected political change. I supect the reality is about 90% firmly supporting USAPA's every move and revelling in their 7-year windfall courtesy USAPA's wildly successful delay-at-all-costs strategy.

Like someone else pointed out...if there really was this groundswell of opposition..... this "silent majority".......then they would have effected political change. I supect the reality is about 90% firmly supporting USAPA's every move and revelling in their 7-year windfall courtesy USAPA's wildly successful delay-at-all-costs strategy.

This is not accurate.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ok Gotta respond to your dribble about integrity - the 500 top pilots here have supported the whole list during the last 7 years. You and all the other east haters here only care about 1 pilot - themselves - which has historically been the case in the pilot profession.

I know you have never been part of a group of pilots that will stand up to an unfair ruling - when Delta wanted to purchase parts of Pan Am - didn't they only propose to take the planes and not the pilots? Where was DAL Alpa on that?

I remember sitting next to a Delta pilot many years ago telling me how he was getting paid 150% extra pay to pick up a trip ( from some type of daily bid ) - but who cares about the other junior line holder trying to make his month.

And do I need to point out that our brothers at the West have been making 12% higher pay rates flying the same planes for the same company for the last 7 years and bragging and boasting about that in this forum

Now - i bet if u look up the definition of integrity in the dictionary - you and I probably won't agree on what it says - but one thing I know is that the MAJORITY of EAST pilots have stuck together on this - even if a majority of them aren't going to be around long enough to either benefit or be harmed by whatever the final outcome is.

No they haven't. The senior pilots stayed past Age 60. How is that supporting the junior guys? (I have to admit that I do support the change to the rule, however in the context of the senior pilots backing the junior, it clearly is not the case).

And why do you quibble about the meager difference between the pay rates of the east and west when you have resolutely clung to LOA93 despite the opportunities you've had to improve your contract by cooperating with the west instead of your jihad?

Please explain how the east strategy has paid off in any way shape matter or form.

No they haven't. The senior pilots stayed past Age 60. How is that supporting the junior guys? (I have to admit that I do support the change to the rule, however in the context of the senior pilots backing the junior, it clearly is not the case).

And why do you quibble about the meager difference between the pay rates of the east and west when you have resolutely clung to LOA93 despite the opportunities you've had to improve your contract by cooperating with the west instead of your jihad?

Please explain how the east strategy has paid off in any way shape matter or form.

And you have had how many conversations with a East Pilot who is in the top 500?

When u just throw out garbage as "factual" you loose any credibility you might have had.

Like I said - more dribble from the East Haters - hate to say it but your in the minority - and I guarantee that if the AA merger goes thru - your minority will shrink more.

Metrojet

Latest resources

Back