Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyinloki said:
In short, America needs a third party that is viable

Wow, I feel the same way. I have often thought of working to form the "NEW AMERICAN" political party. I agree with your sentiments. We need a new and fresh party that can hold itself accountable by abiding by its own rules...

1st being, "Congressmen shall serve no more than 3 consecutive terms, Senators no more than two."

I majored in Poli Science and while I live through life with a smile and a joke... I take the politics serious.

I've got one! Although it's for the whole congress....

"A panel consisting of one member from each party from each house of congress shall have the power of line item veto over each piece of legislation before it goes to the executive branch."
Or, if we are talking about just one party, then it can have its own panel to cut pork. The other parties might be shamed into following along. Can you imagine? Anybody else?

Wacoflyr

Last edited:
Wow, I feel the same way. I have often thought of working to form the "NEW AMERICAN" political party. I agree with your sentiments. We need a new and fresh party that can hold itself accountable by abiding by its own rules...

1st being, "Congressmen shall serve no more than 3 consecutive terms, Senators no more than two."

I majored in Poli Science and while I live through life with a smile and a joke... I take the politics serious.

I disagree with you. There should be no consecutive terms. First, in their four or six year term they won't spend the last year and half campaining thus working. Second, if they did that great they can get re-elected in the future. And last, it keeps people from living off the government tit forever and forces SOME of these guys to get a job in the real world.

Those are all great ideas. Too bad there's a constitution.

Article I:

Section 2. The House of Representatives shall be composed of members chosen every second year by the people of the several states, and the electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislature.

Section 3. The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, chosen by the legislature thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote.

Not much about term limits there...

Those are all great ideas. Too bad there's a constitution.

Too bad those nifty little things called Amendments have to be passed by both the House & Senate before they can go to the states for ratification...

(that is, unless we can get the legislatures in 2/3 the states to call for a Constitutional Convention...but again, will politicians really place term limits on other politicians?)

you airline guys are sucked into that BSJS. compare the weight of your plane to a Hawker 400 and then compare the pay scale.

isn't that how airline pay works? the bigger the plane the higher the check?
Used to be: The more passengers you flew (The more productive you were) the higher the pay.

But management is coming to terms that a "Cockpit is a Cockpit"

Too bad those nifty little things called Amendments have to be passed by both the House & Senate before they can go to the states for ratification...

(that is, unless we can get the legislatures in 2/3 the states to call for a Constitutional Convention...but again, will politicians really place term limits on other politicians?)

Just as soon as CEO's, who sit on company boards, start putting reasonable salary limitations on the CEO that they hire.

try and get 2 pilot groups to agree.. it can't be done..

I bet if Ross Perot brought the pie charts back out, we could jump start the patriot party again.. wasn't that the name?

Latest resources

Back