Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Timebuilder

Entrepreneur
I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about football. A guy from NFL films suggested I audition for them (Pete Retzlaff) and if I get a gig there, I guess I'll have to learn more about the fine points of the game.

But I digress...

I just watched the Eagles squeak by Green Bay, which left me more than a little conflicted. I've like the Green Bay franchise ever since the days of Vince Lombardi in 3 degree weather at Lambeau (sp?) Field.

So, now I'm told the Eagles will play "Carolina" to get a Superbowl spot. My problem: who are these Carolina guys? I understand they're called the Panthers, but I know nothing about their team. How do they stack up against the Eagles?

Timebuilder said:
My problem: who are these Carolina guys? I understand they're called the Panthers, but I know nothing about their team. How do they stack up against the Eagles?

Carolina is a complete football team. The Eagles offense is all McNabb. The Eagles do have the ability to win, but I don't know how; they rank in the bottom third of all NFL teams for offense and defense.
BTW, Rush was correct. McNabb is just an average quarterback. He's an above average rusher, but just an average quarterback. Thou, he does seem to possess the most important intangible, winner. However, considering what Carolina has done, I doubt that the Eagles can overcome their complete team.

Go Indy,
enigma

What is Carolina's record? W/L

Are their stats superior to either of the teams they would face if they beat the Eagles?

I am a die hard Dallas fan so I really am pulling for the Eagles since Carolina topped Dallas in the wild card game, however as the previous poster pointed out they are truly a complete team. Fox has his guys playing some great ball now but I think Philly will probably be "tough" to beat at home next week since this is there third straight NFC title game and they have been denied the superbowl in the previous attempts. Carolina running back Stephen Davis must play in the game for them to have a shot and listening to Fox today say that "Davis is questionable" due to a groin injury... Without Davis Carolina will surely have their hands full. I believe they are either 12-6 or 13-6, they have played well on the road throughout the season so this game may just prove the critics wrong. If I was a gambling man though my money would be on the Eagles.

3 5 0

IF McNabb is "off" then look for Carolina to be facing New England in the super bowl.

Latest resources

Back