Fool reiterates the falling SWA model

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Benhuntn said:
I was teetering but now I'm tottering. Whew! this thread had me worried. For a minute I thought I was the only happy guy left at SWA and 7s3w7a was right. I am ok now though since there must be 3-4 happy guys. By the way 7s3w7a I can't see my belt but I'm not greedy. Just 2/3 of the way to fat dumb and happy.

As they say in Texas "You anit seen $hit yet!" :D

Just wait until the surveys come out and you get all that good jetway advice during the section 6. The very vocal minority will be bitching up a storm again! But then when the vote goes through it wont be close and common sense of the majority will rule, again.

Still happy after 14 years! :) Pass me another glass of Koolaide. ;)

Benhuntn said:
I was teetering but now I'm tottering. Whew! this thread had me worried. For a minute I thought I was the only happy guy left at SWA and 7s3w7a was right. I am ok now though since there must be 3-4 happy guys. By the way 7s3w7a I can't see my belt but I'm not greedy. Just 2/3 of the way to fat dumb and happy.

Ben, you're overselling yourself. You've already stated that you're fat and happy, why did you stop at 2/3s? :) TIC

canyonblue said:
Or maybe, like me, chose SWA because of the culture. Of all my friends that went to various Majors in the late 90's and 2000, I never heard one of them say "this place is awesome!", except the guys I know who went to Southwest. I just couldn't fathom going to work for the next 20 years and hating it. Ask Slug about the difference in coming to work for a trip vs another carrier. It should never be about the pay, because if that is at the top of your list, good luck in this industry.

Good point. We all have different buttons to be pushed. This isn't a one size fits all world.

Andy your thinking "uderselling" myself I think, but no I'm 2/3's since I was smart enough to apply to SWA and lucky enough to get hired.

Capt. Smyth pass the koolaide, I'm thirstn again.

Cheers to the greatest job on earth

Last edited:
Swa

Can't wait to drink the Koolaid. I am in line at SW and ready to join a group that still finds fun at work. So many at other carriers just dont have fun anymore. I want to do my part to keep SW a great place to work....for me and everyone else around me. What a concept.....actually enjoy, and be proud of were you work.

Right on!!!

Andy said:
The guys that wanted to go to LUV wanted to fly multiple legs daily.

Andy kinda clued into something right here....we love what we do, and through multiple legs...you get to be real good at it. Not being boastful...just lots of hands on time is a good thing....

I don't believe the model is falling. It's evolving. Lets see if Jblue and AirTran's 35% annual growth or SWA's 10% growth over the next few years works out better. Hopefully both will work, but the proven horse is usually a good bet.

I agree. It is evolving but just like ANY OTHER INDUSTRY,double digit growth is unsustainable. When it crashes, it crashes hard.

Latest resources

Back