• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

FOI Written

LewisU_Pilot

Total Time
Taking it on Friday. Anyone remember how many questions are asked? Is it 60 or 100?

hindsight2020

Yeah Buddy
Total Time
23:41Z
Actually, 50. You should be done in 20 minutes. Good luck!

LewisU_Pilot

Total Time
hindsight2020 said:
Actually, 50. You should be done in 20 minutes. Good luck!

Sweet.. 90 bucks to answer 50 questions! Now I really feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Cypilot77

Total Time
Buy the ASA written test preparation for the CFI..First chapter is for FOI..all questions are there..good luck

hindsight2020

Yeah Buddy
Total Time
23:41Z
LewisU_Pilot said:
Sweet.. 90 bucks to answer 50 questions! Now I really feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Hehe, wait until you compare flying paychecks to training debt..... if your 'Returns-on-Investment Master Warning' light didn't go up until the FOI I'm afraid you're behind the power curve...or the ideal regional FO applicant? LOL

Just poking fun at ya man, no hard feelings. Don't sweat the FOI, I think you'll be fine :D

minitour

Easiest test you'll take. 50 questions that you'll have no problem with.

Good luck with the rest of the CFI prep!

-mini

LewisU_Pilot

Total Time
98% took about 18 min. Maybe now the FAA will go easy on my FOI checkride part.

Last edited:

minitour

It's probably going to be a big part of the oral. Know the laws of learning, why they forget, etc.

Should be easy, but know it cold.

-mini

bama

Total Time
Through everything you know about the FOI test out the window and study FAA-h-8083-9A. They just added questions that no one has, ASA or Gleim. I study both and took the test. Failed it! Half the questions I have never seen before. If you study just the known questions you will fail. study the book!! Im a 10yr Captain with an airline and just wanted to pick up my CFI to teach my kids. I've never failed an FAA written test EVER!. this test was a blind side. from what i can tell the questions were added some time in April. The FAA didn't tell anybody! Good old FAA, there just here to help. I hate them all!!!