Focus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UpNDownGuy

Anyone know anything about Focus Air Cargo in Miami? I believe they just got their 2nd 747, but that may be old news. Pay, working conditions, etc? Any help is appreciated.

Last time I spoke with one of their guys (Last month) they still didn't have their certificate up and running. They are using the Atlas sims for training. I only know of one 747, a 300 that they got from Polar. Last time through MIA it was still looking very lonely sitting on the ramp with fresh paint.

They actually have purchased four a/c. One -300 and one -200. The other two were purchased as parts monkeys. 59.00 per hour on 60 guarantee. Two month bid period. Anything worked over 140 hours for the two month is 65.00 hour. This is all f/o pay. All pay is done per trip, similar to SWA. Don't know much about working conditions other than can be out for up to 19 days. The a/c purchased were paid for in cash. Seem to have a ton of cash backing them. They are about to start or have started proving runs with the FAA.

The 200 is painted and sitting on the ramp in AMS. The 2 others come from Malaysian, but I don't think they're for parts........ anyone else know?

Seen the bird in AMS. Nice paint job. :)

Focus Pocus! They are many months delayed getting going and I know that they are hiring very low time FO's. Like just out of one of the Florida flight schools. Like Express One (longhorn) did. Maybe because the DO is the former chief from them. The cash on hand is good but only if you believe the source. Also the part about a parts bird or two is correct. The guys starting it have previous Atlas MGT experience but the DO and possibly others is/are Eastern Scabs.

The ERAU CAPT program touts Focus in their marketing as a cargo airline flying 747's that is hiring their grads. Gag me with a spoon.....

Thanks for the info guys. On another note, has anyone gone through their interview process? I hear it's a two day ordeal, complete with multiple written tests. Any idea what they test you on?

First day is fingerprinting and a whiz quiz and a few computer tests. As far as I know the tests are mainly psycho tests. The second day consists of a few panel interviews. That is all I know right now.

Latest resources

Back