Focus, Focus, Focus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What????

Dude and Publisher - I gotta say you guys are out there!

We should take it easy on our poor employers? Are you kidding me? We get paid dirt for wages, have work rules that make jail time look good and have no retirement or quality of life.

ACA took the $23 Mil from the government and then turned around and reported a $34Mil profit for this year with a BAD last quarter with a $1Mil loss. The money gleaned off by top management was so meager that they were able to buy a chain of chicken restaurants to diversify their income. Yet they furloughed 60 back office staff, cut expenses to the bone and cancelled our profit sharing plan. Yeah - I really feel sorry for them! (Dripping sarcasm)

Every day you go to work for a company that you do not personally own, it is your duty to improve yourself and get the most pay and benefits you can from your employer. No one will look out for your well being except you.

Pilots are not driving airline companies under. Airline management and the US pre-occupation with stock price are the root cause of problems. The greed exhibited at the upper levels of almost every major corporation in America is almost without historical precedence.

Do you think my sacrifice at $40K a year is going to make a difference to a $1Bil company? Absolutely not! How about the CEO, CFO, COO and CIO salaries - could that have an impact? You bet. How about the thousands of Stock Options those individuals hold? Sure. How about that mutual fund who is demanding a $1/share increase this year on the 2 million shares they own? Yeah - now were talking about real money!

Wake up!

The rich get rich and the poor get poorer.

HAHAHAHA..........Tarp, You are so right. Is that true ACA is now competing with KFC. Shoot I think Mesaba ought to get into the burger business.

Dont take too much of what Publisher says. After all of those "advertising" posts he put out for his pay for training indoc training or whatever he has school he lost all of his credabillity with me.

Tarp,
Well Said!!

kilomike

School

I do not now nor have I ever had a school nor do I have a bunch of advertisers who are PFT schools although it is a bit unclear just what the definition is.

It seems to make everyone mad when we take the position that we do not care of people select to pay for training to advance around others in the competition for an airline job. If a young man asked me about it, I would suggest he go traditional and pursue a 4 year degree and a a slow but steady path. If a 32 year old asks, I would be more likely discuss their options for programs that do not waste time on what is not the important.

On small town service, EAS is not always very effective. I was referring to the cities that Eagle would shut down under current plans.

I am not an advocate for management, think there is entirely too much short term thinking. I am an advocate for the public that pays the bills for poor management and our of control labor groups.

Obviously my thinking on PFT means that I do not know anything about the airline or aviation business. I really do think that this idustry is faced with some extremely tough issues and complex problems that are way too simplified on these boards.

RichardFitzwell said:

Bluto,

I can't agree with you more and I AM speaking as a furloughed pilot. I have been contemplating what I will do as a 'new career' and I see many jobs making more than three times Regional pay for only a few weeks of training. I can't believe it! A Pharmaceutical Rep. starts around $50K with a car in my area and they won't loose their job because of a bad 'check ride.'

R.F.

My girlfriend is a pharmaceutial sales rep. and man does she have it good! All kinds of free $$hit$$. She get to take doctors to all kinds of nice places. Dinners at sweet restaurants, cruises, rounds of golf, the company car, and loads of pens plus other fun stuff to play with. I get to come along sometimes if I'm lucky. Oh yeah, she has the schedule of an airline captain too, I swear she's home at least two days of her five day work week. A lot of ass kissing though.

Latest resources

Back