Focus Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CWI,

I had a look at this, but there's not a lot of info there. I see the aircraft is a -300 with an N number, seen it on plenty of airspotters and pictures of...sites. Understand this is a start-up cargo carrier, the airplane is ex-Atlas and the company based in FLL? Do they have any more or just the one. Yr orig post was back in Nov & am wondering if they have progressed to more.

Just kind of curious as I currently work for an overseas ACMI operator and have recently got my 747 classic rating. Probably want time in the aircraft.
Any "new" info much appreciated. Thanks.

b757, now b747driver

Focus Air is for Real!

Located at FLL next door to Chalks SeaPlanes on the Norht Side of the Airport. They are well financed owned by Omega Air Holdings.

They have their first Bird across the Field at FLL freshly Painted and ready to start the proving Runs, the second airplane is a 747-200 in Amsterdam getting a fresh paint job as well to be delivered the end of the month. F year plan for 10 to 15 acft. They have already started Hiring Crews, 10 is planned, for a March 1 class date..

DOnt have any info on Salaries...BUt Ground positions are paying industry competitve. Be prepared to go above an beyond the normal duties of your position. Allot stressed in customer service..All routes will me international Focus on Asia and South Pacific...thats all I have on them other than they ar gearing up to start flying soon.

Do a search on Airlines . net to see photos of the aircraft.

Bump...

Hmm, no response.

Rumor says they are gone hire 100 guys...All 3 seats
Right now there seems to be a rush to get in early for the best numbers.

Yet no info on pay, benefits...?

Cruised their web page and sent 'em an e-mail, no response.

I may shave and put a clean shirt on 'n stop by their office today..Only 8 minuttes from the house..Drop a resume perhaps...
Stay tuned.

Not sure about pilots or PFE/SOs but a friend just got hired as a loadie, eumor is lot of ex Atlas guys....

Now back from Focus Air.

Dropped a resume and got 2 minuttes of face-time with the chief pilot.
Did not ask about pay and benefits, but rumor says they start capts @ $98.00 per hour.

Probably what a Pan Am capt made on the same equipment back in 1971...Nothing has changed except cost of living...:cool:

Looking at one of their 747's parked here in Miami. Can't see the number but wondering if there is still one parked at FLL ....

Maybe the second plane has arrived ??

Latest resources

Back