Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mookie

luckiest man alive
Hey all, I'm trying to put together a list of Airlines that allow pilots FMLA.

Thanks,
mookie

Not yet......

All of them. It is a federal law

It is if you work for Home Depot or Walmart, but Airline employees are exempt under the current law. I know ALPA put in some legislative juice to try and get this changed........ Some companies offer it anyway, despite the "legal" requirement being absent. Duke, get up with the times.....

Your wrong, he's right!! I needed FMLA with my Airline a while back and was given it because my Airline was required by law to give it. My only requirement was to prove that I needed it. Once you prove it, they have to allow it.

It is law, they recently passed the Aircrew Correction clause and was added to FMLA act.
That's absolutely correct.

Some airlines TELL the employees they are not eligible, but you ARE, whether they like it or not.

The Aircrew Correction clause was put into effect and basically equates Duty Time to "hours worked", which MORE than qualifies any normal pilot who hasn't been on long-term leave for most of the year (assuming a 70 hour line with 2 hours duty for every hour of flying, 140 hours a month reaches 1,000 hours per year at work in a little over 7 months).

Fill out the FMLA paperwork, submit it, and let them know you'll be calling your local State Department of Labor office if they give you a hard time about it. The State DoL comes down pretty hard on employers who try to deny State and Federal benefits to their employees.

It is if you work for Home Depot or Walmart, but Airline employees are exempt under the current law. I know ALPA put in some legislative juice to try and get this changed........ Some companies offer it anyway, despite the "legal" requirement being absent. Duke, get up with the times.....
Give me that bottle, you pumpkin pie, hair cutted freak. Been sucking back on granpa's cough syrup, have we?

Latest resources

Back