Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
My wife and I are buying 2 tickets on SWA and will be traveling with our two infant children (<2 yrs old). Does SWA allow pre-boarding so to get everyone settled in? Do the two checked car seats count against total bags checked?

Thanks,

S.

If you buy early bird check-in ($10) when you book the tickets or check-in right at 24hours prior, you should get an A boarding group. If so you board with your A group just like everyone else. If you get any other boarding group, you can board during family boarding (in between A and B group).

I believe the checked car seats count towards your total. I'd call to make sure.

Cheers!

Last edited:
"A"boarding group is only about 45 folks. You and your family will have plenty of room to find a row during family boarding. It is a piece of cake. Enjoy and thanks for flying SWA.

I believe the checked car seats count towards your total. I'd call to make sure.

You can always bring them to the gate and see if the kids can sit in them during flight (must have an FAA sticker). If they have to travel in your lap, the car seats can be gate checked to pick up with your other bags (or claimed at gate). You get two free bags per ticket at the front counter. Bags checked at the gate are free.

Last edited:
What is this world of paying money for airline tickets???

Confused?

;)

If you buy early bird check-in ($10) when you book the tickets or check-in right at 24hours prior, you should get an A boarding group. If so you board with your A group just like everyone else. If you get any other boarding group, you can board during family boarding (in between A and B group).

Cheers!
Pay $10 for an early check in?
Disgusting!:puke:

If you get a "A" boarding pass, then you can board with that group...if you don't then families flying with little ones are allowed to board after the entire "A" group has boarded.

The "A" group has 60 folks as does the "B" group...the remainder are part of the "C" boarding group.

Careful however.....as you board after the "A" group, and you take the little ones out of the strollers, and you tear down the stroller so it can be taken down to the cargo bin...and as you put the diaper bag around your shoulder, and pick up the little one, and grab your normal bag....

...the ops agent at the top of the jetway has already started the "B" group boarding and they are going around you as you prepare for your "deployment" at the bottom of the jetway...

BE prepared and have your plan set.

Pay $10 for an early check in?
Disgusting!:puke:

If you know the way southwest assigns boarding groups, you know that you need to check-in for the flight within the first 5-10 minutes of the window opening (not quite as bad as ticketmaster, but close!!) or you have NO chance of getting an A boarding group.

If I knew I was going to be out and about during that window, I'd probably pay it to not have to worry. That was if I bought airline tickets.

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back