• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying With Dogs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
get some of the dog seat belts from a pet store... the big ones have them... other than that, Find the biggest dogs you can and see how many you can take with you before the plane smells like complete a**...

When I used to fly scenic tours I took a couple of dogs flying. Not very nice to look at but they usually were pleasant and they usually left me good tips.

Seriously though..... I have flown with a couple of bark bark dogs and it was fine. They usually fall asleep on the back seat. I always warned the passengers that we were going back to the airport and no refunds would be given if the dog became a problem. I flew one handicap dog (best passenger ever). I also flew a professional frisbee dog too (also a great passenger and an amazing frisbee trickster)

I had a dog many years ago that flew everywhere with us in our 172, and later our Bonanza until we had to put him to sleep.

We never had any trouble with him at all.

frog_flyer said:
what about their ears?

ANR headsets are the best due to the dogs increased hearing sensitivity...but in a pinch a regular one will work. Don't give them the David Clark, since it may become a chew toy.

kf4amu said:
ANR headsets are the best due to the dogs increased hearing sensitivity...but in a pinch a regular one will work. Don't give them the David Clark, since it may become a chew toy.

Hmm, guess I should rethink getting those Bose headsets...

mauipilot said:
Anybody have any advice on flying with dogs on a C-172.

Always make sure they have a current Medical and BFR (plus 3 takeoffs and landings within the past 90 days in order to take you as a passenger). I wouldn't fly with Dalmatians, though; they're considered dumb and make the worst pilots. :D

Hmmm, my Rottie might have a hard time with the medical, his ears hurt...
Haven't tried yet, but i have a feeling he would do the same thing as in the car... curl up and go to sleep. Gotta get his ears done tho.

Latest resources

Back