• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

flying while fatigued

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For excellent guidance on fatigue and crew duty cycles, go to the Flight Safety Foundation website, shown below and open the article on Fatigue.

http://www.flightsafety.org/pubs/fsd_1997.html

Special FSF Fatigue Countermeasures Task Force Report: Final Report: Principles and Guidelines for Duty and Rest Scheduling in Corporate and Business Aviation

FN FAL

This wasn't a "regional" airline. Hard to believe, but as my post says, this experience occurred at a MAJOR airline. They are now called a "Legacy" carrier.
It was Northwest Airlines (NWA), the 4th largest carrier, out of Minneapolis MN (MSP). I was a mainline "redtail" NWA DC-9 F/O for the bastards, especially the CEO Richard Anderson!!!

Currently, unemployed!
Thanks for the reply.

apcooper

The "shady" 121 aircarrier is NORTHWORST AIR... er...I mean NORTHWEST AIRLINES (NWA) mainline operation out of MSP. By the way, I did sue the BASTARDS, and also reported them to the FAA. Nobody at the FAA really cares.

The FSDO in MSP said "Well, what do you want us to do about it?" Then, he said "We can't get your job back for you!"
Later, as I found out, the FAA (MSP-FSDO) in Minneapolis, MN. allows NORTHWEST AIRLINES to get away with regulatory non-compliance and safety lowering incidents all the time.
No blood / no foul !!!
Thanks for the reply.

Auburn MD Flyer said:
apcooper

By the way, I did sue the BASTARDS

What was the outcome of the suit?

When you don't like a hotel or hotel room drink a couple of beers and it will be great. Crew scheduling knows the same about fatigue and longs days, wear you out and you will be saying---its great, bring it on...........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back