• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying to Treasure Cay (Marsh Harbor)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Abaco is not for sissies" is true. If your idea of a great trip is a poolside meal at the Atlantis, you will not like the Abacos. On the other had, if you love the water, fishing, snorkeling, diving, beach, boating, and just need to bring a t shirt, bath suit, sunglasses and flip flops, Abaco is for you. Shirts and shoes are optional in most restaurants.

Have fun and fly safe.

Very true!

If you are looking for a filthy Nassua all inclusive dump type place you will not like it here.

I have found the people on Abaco to be the most friendly and helpful I have ever met - anywhere in the islands.

Last edited:
Are you talking about Abaco?

There are probably 5 restaurants within walking distance of the Abaco Beach Resort, a few of which are very good.

There is also great diving, snorkeling, etc...also Abaco is about as good as it gets for game/bonefishing. Boat rentals for self-exploring can be had for about $100/day.

No, I was referring to Treasure Cay- MYAT. I've done Marsh Harbour (MYAM) and it was great. Stayed at the big hotel/marina. Walked all over town, did some fishing and diving.

MYAT, OTOH, is a preplaned private development with one resort, restaurant, marina and a few shops and private homes. No fitness facilities or gym, spotty internet at best, and incredibly pricey by Bahamas standards. Unless you own a boat, or can cough up serious coin to charter one (we were there during a fishing tournament, and there were none to be found) you're pretty much SOL. Sit on the beach and drink $7 beers or $5 cokes. Better off getting a room in Marsh Harbour if you're there for more than 2 days.

That being said, I'd love to go there on vacation, but 6 days in July just didn't do it for me. That and my company's perdiem is laughable at best, barely covered lunch, so I'm sure that colored my perception as well.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, gotcha.

I agree, MYAT sucks. The hotel/marina is 2 star at best and you are pretty much secluded there..I have stayed there on quick overnights (less than 24hrs) and thats about it. I will give them one thing, the beach is beautiful and quiet.

IMHO - WELL worth the 45min ride down to Marsh, where at least there is a choice of food/bars/ferrys to other places, etc..

and "Per Diem" anywhere outside Peoria, Illinois etc just makes it that much worse...

Latest resources

Back