• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

devine9driver

Victory
I've got a trip to Iberia Costa Rica coming up and was looking for info on

1. Security for Aircraft?
2. Where you stayed?
3. Does the crew need any specific vaccines? (HEP B,)
4. How is the FBO?
5. Getting around on the ground?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

If you meant Liberia (NW part of Costa Rica), we were there about a year ago. No FBO, just an airline ramp, small terminal, and the handler has an office upstairs. We left the airplane on the ramp for 3 nights locked up and no one messed with it. We didn't hire any special security or anything like that. A Falcon 50 came in a day behind us and they didn't, either. Just like any other international trip, it took a while for them to fuel us the day we left, so make sure you get there with plenty of time. I recommend at least 2 hours before departure.

No special vaccinations were required, just brought the old passport.

The handler took us to and from here. The prices are insanely cheap! It was about a 30-40 minute drive. We never left the resort, so I can't give you any info on getting around in town.

The airport closes at dark unless you request for them to stay longer, and like my profile says next to "current position", true to form the boss was late and we had to call to make sure they left the lights on for us. I forgot how much extra that cost.

We had a blast. The first thing the boss said when he got to the airport was that he wanted to buy a place there. He hasn't yet, but hopefully he does. I wouldn't mind that becoming a frequent stop. We didn't get to do the rain forest tours, but other people we talked to said they were good as well.

Have fun!

Last edited:
I don't know how this got into the regional thread, I was in the corporate thread when I posted, oh well. Thanks Brett for the info (You need a picture in your new Coyote's uniform if you ever get back on the ice, although being from MI, I appreciate the Red Wings uni). I was told by Universal flight planning to get my Hep B, Malaria, and (Tyfoid sp.) vacines. I believe were staying at some place called the Fiesta Premier. And yes I did mean Liberia.

Latest resources

Back