Flying the CRJ-70 - How do you like it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Starshipper

Yesterday I taxiied between an Eagle CRJ-70 and a Horizon CRJ-70 - they looked like nice airplanes. Interesting how the nose slopes down a bit... I like how it looks.

Any fortunate pilots out there get the opportunity to fly the CRJ-70? Impressions? How does it compare to other regional jets you have flown - EMB-13/45 or regular CRJ?

How do you like the bird compared to your previous aircraft?

Cheers

in case you were wondering i was told the nose slopes down so low because they wanted to certify it without the need to install a slide for emer. evacuation...something to with the height of the door i believe...anyway, that's just what i heard around the crew room.

looking around the cockpit i noticed the lack of EMER STOW buttons for the thrust rev. like are on the 50-seater...why is that?

Starshipper said:
Yesterday I taxiied between an Eagle CRJ-70 and a Horizon CRJ-70 - they looked like nice airplanes. Interesting how the nose slopes down a bit... I like how it looks.

Any fortunate pilots out there get the opportunity to fly the CRJ-70? Impressions? How does it compare to other regional jets you have flown - EMB-13/45 or regular CRJ?

How do you like the bird compared to your previous aircraft?

Cheers

After flying the CRJ-200 for about 10 months I just switched to the CRJ-700. The 700 is a big improvement performance wise over the 200. Once they fix some of the software problems, the fuel AD and the APU AD it will be great.

The 700 is an incredible aircraft. Bombardier definately got it right with this airplane. Climb performance is out of this world. Cruise speeds of Mach .845 are normal at FL330 & above unless you pull the throttles back below the cruise power setting. The addition of FADEC and the redesigned bleed air system make the Capt. & F.O. workloads much easier.

The only negative thing I can really comment on would be the nuisance sqawks (which you get with any new airplane) we've had and the very stiff landing gear (hard to make a real greaser).

Anaconda said:
what are the problems specifically?

i hope it has better climb performance...

It climbs great, 1000 fpm @ .74M to FL370, then .81M in cruise. The problems are the Fuel System AD that requires you to carry an extra 2000lbs of fuel, the APU AD which prohibits the APU from being used in flight (except when called for in the QRH), and numerous software problems that give nusance fault messages on the EICAS (this requires the pulling and reseting of several CBs or powering down the aircraft to reset the computers).

All problems are being addressed by the manufacturer. A fix for the software problems is available (EICAS 5).

looking around the cockpit i noticed the lack of EMER STOW buttons for the thrust rev. like are on the 50-seater...why is that? [/B][/QUOTE]

It has to with the FADEC engines and hydraulic thrust reversers. EMER STOW not required.

701EV

Latest resources

Back