Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
I continue to see posts where someone equates flying struck work with being a scab. This is obviously a complicated and deeply emotional issue.

As I began to write a reply to anther thread, it dawned upon me that the difference was simple

The decision to cross a picket line and be a replacement worker, i.e., scab, is a personal decision. No group is involved. No boss threatens the scab with job loss if he crosses the line.

Working struck work is not personal decision.

A true scab, on and of his own free will, decides to walk in and take the specific job that only minutes ago belonged to a union member. The scab stands in, but doesn't fill, the strikers shoes. Black and white. Plain and simple.

This is completely opposite to the worker whose company (A) is contracted to provide a service to another company (B) whose workers happen to be on strike. In this case, employees working for company (A) do not make a personal choice to provide their personal services to the struck company (B).

I just don't see where some of you get the idea that someone who happens to work for a company that might fly a route previously flown by a striker is a scab.

Let's be logical people.

engima

Latest resources

Back