• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Filter - Take a Picture
Pearl Jam - Given to Fly
Memphis - Marc Cohn
Tool - Disposition
Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly (This is also the song that Gordon Baxter mentioned in a rather moving article about an aspiring naval aviator)

How about "Are You Ready To Fly" by Dune? Pretty cool, once you get used to the freakishly high speed/high pitched voice.

Actually, to see a cool video set to this song, go to this page and click on either one of the "Arano Rodriguez" video files (they are both the same video, just better resolution on the 28mb file). Crank up your speakers! The B-17 doing the flyby (and usually a B-24) shows up every year to the Convention to let these skydivers pay $350 a pop to ride up and dive out the open bomb bay doors. Genuine Meat Bombs!

Check out
http://www.freefall.com/other_video.htm

"Changes in Latitudes"

"No Plane on Sunday"

"Jamaica Mistaka"

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?"

"Barometer Soup"

"A-L-O-H-A..."

"Honolulu City Lights"

"Beautiful Day"

Just a start to a very long list of tunes that remind me of flying that I haven't seen mentioned yet...

Songs...

Did I catch a Ned's Atomic Dustbin reference about 20 posts ago? Fantastic! I thought I was the one and only fan left...

As for cheesy pilot movies, yep, Iron Eagle is definitely up there, and, while I'm a little ashamed to admit I know this, the Queen song that he plays while flying is "One Vision" - a good song in it's own regard, IMHO.

Anything off of the first popular Creed album - can't remember the name.

Tree Top Flyer by J.B. is a good one as well - heck, anything off of Banana Wind.

If you're into the folksy type music, Peter Paul and Mary have one called "Early Morning Rain" which is good.

"A Good Day" (the remix) by Ice Cube

Have fun!
-brew3

Andy Neill said:
Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" for all those United commercials. [/B]

How could anyone NOT associate that song with flying. By far the finest piece of music written in the last century!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back