• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MAJICJOHNSON

Hello, Aviation Gods

I have a question.

I have met other pilots at the majors, fractionals and non-schds etc. that dable in 135 ops, 91 ops and flight instructing, banner towing, dusting etc.. on there time off.... How do you they do it??????

My 121 airline job says all other flying must be authorized by the chief pilot. I only fly about 550 hours a year and this job would only be 200 hours...

Hello, Aviation Gods

I have a question.

I have met other pilots at the majors, fractionals and non-schds etc. that dable in 135 ops, 91 ops and flight instructing, banner towing, dusting etc.. on there time off.... How do you they do it??????

My 121 airline job says all other flying must be authorized by the chief pilot. I only fly about 550 hours a year and this job would only be 200 hours...
simple--you get permission in writing from the Chief Pilot. Sometimes not a problem if you're not flying close to the max.

I agree, get it in writing. This way if for some strange reason, you max out for the year, no one can bite off a piece of you. CYA!

Also, you need to keep your flight time accurately documented because you're still subject to rest requirements, flight time limitations, and you'll have to furnish your airline all those records.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back