Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mullet

scattered,covered,chunked
I'll be in Savannah and also Hilton Head for most of May on a family vacation. Any local's, CFI's, anyone familiar etc... know good place to get checkout in either town. Been over 6 years since of flown for fun. So, Prices?? Airports??? Phone Numbers????
Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
from the aopa website......

Savannah Aviation AOPA FBO Rebate Program

PHONE: 912/964-1022 800/544-8032
FAX: 912/964-9128 LOCATION: SE
HOURS: 7 am to 5:30 pm
FREQUENCY: 122.95
FUEL: Avfuel - 100LL
Avfuel - Jet

FEES: Overnight Fee

Pilot services: APU, catering, computerized weather and flight planning, courtesy car/van, oxygen, pilot lounge, pilot supplies, refreshments (vending), rental car, rest rooms. Aircraft rental: multiengine, single-engine. Repair services: airframe, powerplant. Flight instruction: CFI, CFII, commercial, instrument, private. Credit cards accepted: Most credit cards accepted.

Web URL: http://www.savannahaviation.com

E-Mail: [email protected]

Signature has Taken Over!

I am 99% sure that Savannah Aviation no longer sells fuel at SAV. Signature has taken over. If someone knows otherwise, I'd like to hear about it. I'll be there tomorrow, the car is already set up with Signature but I'll wander over there and see what services they provide at SA. I think I called a couple months ago about that, our company only goes to Signature if we absolutely have to.

One good thing though, JetA is $3.38/gal (told on the phone this afternoon) not including a .25 discount with 100 gal, .35 off with 300 gal. 60 gallons in a light turboprop and they'll waive the $95 handling fee.

-PJ

AirNav Comments on Savannah Aviation

Yep, Signature has pretty much taken over the fuel at SAV. I don't know of a place to rent in SAV or HXD but I'm sure there is at least one around. You could go over to the Gulfstream plant at SAV and get a guided tour of the facilities. I'm not sure when they do them though.

HXD pretty much caters to those that live on the island or have property on the island and fly in from wherever. There is also one or two regional flights in there daily. They do have a nice terminal building.

I'm at JZI (outside CHS). Come on up if you get desperate and can't find anything around SAV. We have two flight schools there.

My family lives on Hilton Head part time and I know of nowhere to get a rental there. Sorry. El Cid is right, the airport is mostly private planes. Also, there are 8 daily flights onto the island by US Airways Express, not two.

I was just down there. I avoid SAV, unless I just plan to use their crew car to go to Applebees (right down the street). Their fuel prices are on the high side, but most signatures are (read: FLL. Great service, fuel almost $4.00 for 100LL)

When I was down there I stopped at RBW (Waterboro/Lowcountry). Self serve 100LL for $2.50/gal. They had rentals there. It was about 30 miles north of Hilton head. Nice airport.

RBW is a decent small airport that is desperately trying to grow. Their fuel prices sure beat the heck out of the Mercury Air prices at JZI or CHS. They do a lot of skydiving there on weekends. Also, stay far away from 8S5 (East Cooper - NE from CHS). There is an old dude around there that likes to cut people off in the pattern and I've been told that their line crew doesn't know the difference in 100LL and Jet-A.

Latest resources

Back