Flying into Canada with passport?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

another cfii

Anyone knows what's the deal from our beloved TSA that flight crew needs US passport before flying into Canada? Is it time for me to apply for one? I don't recall you need to be a US citizen to be a pilot. Thanx for any help.

All I can tell you is that Canada Customs' policy for entry into Canada is a follows: you need a passport, OR proof of citizenship (usually this consists of an ORIGINAL of a birth certificate) and a photo ID. So you can see there is no official need for a passport. I would think it prudent to get one anyway, as they are the easiest way to show your citizenship. I understand that many airlines require that you have a passport to fly international flights. As far as TSA demanding a passport, as far as I know they have no jurisdiction whatsoever concerning customs/immigration.. and certainly NOT into Canada!
Hope this helps?

Hey. I fly to and from Canada everyday currently. I did order a passport but while I am waiting to get it I have been using a birth certificate and a driver's license. I have had no problems with using this with either U.S. or Canadian Customs. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back