Flying in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rchcfi-
I think you have a respectable foundation to build upon and you shouldn't have too much trouble once you break into the job market and get that first break. 137 hours is really not bad when you consider what your TT is. I have been out of the Texas loop for some time now so I can't be much help to you however if you would ever consider moving I know of a few operators that are currently looking to hire SIC's. I think Air Now is/ or was looking for SIC's and if my memory serves me correct I think they needed like 900TT with 300 PIC for the EMB-110. They also operate other equipment and may be a good "first" job and you will get quite abit of hard IMC time. We see them frequently in BUF.....

3 5 0

strchckr,

Thanks for that info., although I have already been up to DTO and TexStar to talk with the chief pilot. And their mins. are the 1200/250 with the "and expect to fly in Level 3/4 weather!"

I am, or shall I say, have tried to muster up some students from within the line crew at work. We have one guy who I wanted to give him his Comm. ASEL but he keeps flying right seat in a Cherokee 180 and logging it as PIC....I've tried to warn him, but he'll soon figure it out. There is another guy who is in the same boat as myself. Wants to learn but doesn't quite have the capital right now. And then there is another one who just eclipsed his 1200 mark and got on with GTA flying right seat in the 402, but still has to pay them $5,000 for 100 hrs. SIC before they let him move into the BE-36 as PIC.....Tell me that doesn't suck!

So I know it will come, and believe me, this forum has helped alot. I'm sure glad I was told about this place by a fellow av8r...

El Duderino said:
Also I know there is a boner towing company based out of Clover field in Htown that send piltos up to Dallas, don't know the name though.

dude

Boner towing??

YIKES!!!

Dosent AirNet have some sort of SIC program? I do know they fly in and out of Dallas with Barons.

I don't know anything about them but might be worth a gander.

Yes we do have an SIC program, but I don't know of anyone going into it right now. We keep very few SIC's on hand, and from what i hear now they are assigned runs instead of being able to choose to go somewhere, like DAL. I think they are all kept in of CMH or in the North.

I flew for TexStar. It was a good place to gain time and experience, but unfortunately as you found out, the minimums are 1200/250.
Try Arlington airport. I had some former students that flew traffic watch out of there earlier this year. Sorry, don't remember the contact's name.

-Good luck!

man, whatever you do, dont hang all hope on the mighty Airnet. im getting the feeling that if you arent an active CFI, they wont give you the time of day.

to put it in perspective, i applied every 100 hours from 300 (back when they dropped their minimums) all the way to 1300. i started flying 135 ops last year at 500 after doing a few hundred hours of ferry work (read; zero dual given). im now closing in on 1500 and 500, flying the Baron in 135 ops, with 3 internal recommendations, and i cant get much more than a "thanks for applying" from that dang internet application process stuff...needless to say ive broadened the old search :rolleyes:

P.S. NoPlane is right, theres a traffic watch out of Arlington. i cannot remember the name of the FBO, but its the big one down there...some guys name, lemme ask around.

There used to be a jump school at Decater airport. I flew there back in the 80's.It is NW of Ft. Worth. You can give it a shot. After that, I found a pilot with an Apache, and we flew the paint off of it and I only paid for gas.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back